four

CAPITOL

PARADE DAY

___

"ALRIGHT, JUST SMILE AND WAVE. TRY TO GET THEM TO LIKE YOU," August said, looking at his Tributes who, to say the least, looked ridiculous in their outfits. "Getting people to like you, will get you Sponsors, and Sponsors, can save your lives. Got it?"

Sam and Leigha nodded nervously, both had been dressed in some kind of white paper looking suits, a piece of folded paper on their head, looking all together quite silly, not that August would tell them that. Though he did sighed in annoyance thinking back to the origami costume. Looked like they got back around on that.

Sam slowly rose his hand. "Uhm, question. How are we supposed to get people to like us, or take us serious, when we look like we fell into a paper bin?"

August pressed his lips together. "Don't worry about that. In the Capitol, every shitty outfit seems stylish to them. And you don't look too bad, really, I've seen worse." August winced, when he felt Kieran hit his arm with a huff. Johanna snickered amused beside him.

Kieran gave August a pointed glare, telling him off for talking about the Capitol like that, before he turned to the teenagers. "You look great, dears, don't you listen to what August is telling you. He is the last person you should take fashion opinion from."

Kieran looked August up and down with a scowl, making the other man frown. Looking down at him, he saw the light blue dress shirt with the first two buttons open and a fancy looking blazer along with matching slacks.

He looked over at Johanna trying to figure out what was wrong with his outfit. The woman shook her head with slight annoyance, before walking to their tributes, grabbing them by their shoulders walking with them to the chariot.

"Yes, you look stupid. But so does everyone else, no one here looks  good. So don't worry." She stated, pushing them on the chariot, when the voice over the speaker announced that the parade was about to start. "Just do what August said, and you'll be fine. Okay?"

The teenagers nodded, both were clearly nervous. Johanna sighed, seeing their expressions. "I promise you, the parade is not bad." She was right about that, in hindsight, the parade was the easiest part.

Johanna continued. "It's just so that the Capitol can have a first look real life look on the tributes this year. So just smile and wave, nothing else okay?"

The teenagers nodded, obviously still terrified, but both tried to put on a brave face. Kieran walked closer to the chariot. "We are right here when you come back, okay." He spoke softly, a smile in his pale face. Sam and Leigha nodded nervously.

"Good luck, you two."

Kieran and Johanna took a step back, standing out of the way, when the first chariots started to move. When the chariot of their tributes moved, August gave them a last reassuring smile as they looked back. Kieran put a hand on othe the Mentors shoulders, which Johanna immediately shook off, leading them to the nearest screen to follow the parade.

When the camera landed on their tributes, Johanna let's out a wince, and August understood why. The two teenagers look absolutely terrified, trying desperately to uphold a smile, while waving with shaky hands. And although they're not the only ones, it still makes it more complicated. Made them look weak in the public's eyes.