two

DISTRICT SEVEN

____

"ON THE 75TH anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of oft tue Capitol, the male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of victors." Snow's agaitating monoton voice, sounded through the speaker of August's television. He had unwillinglig been sitting on the Couch in his house, waiting for the announcement of the twist of the Quarter Quell.

Just moments before, he was a participant of Katniss Everdeen's wedding dress collection. Which was shown in pictures, upon which the Capitol could choose from what Katniss should wear for the wedding. August found it rather annoying.

And Johanna, who had joined him halfway through, making comments about the dresses, was the only one making it bearable. The dresses were anything but ugly, though the way the whole event was paraded around the country was what drove the two of them into annoyance.

But that annoyance, quickly vanished after President Snow took the stage. Him following, was a small boy in a white suit, holding a brown box. And after another speech about the war and a recap of the past Quarter Quell's, Snow pulled out the yellow paper with the 75.

It took a moment for the words to sink in, but when they did, August didn't know what to feel. Was it anger, fear, nothing?

It was weird, he either felt too much, or too little and right now, he just didn't know what to feel. He felt like he should be angry. Throwing around furniture as he thought Johanna was about to do right then, but he didn't. He just sat there, numbly staring at the moving figures on the screen, a lit cigarette in his hand. He took a drag, before putting it out in the ashtray.

Just then, Johanna came into his thoughts, angry steps announced her long before her angry shout could. She had stood up from the couch, fists clenched and mouth agape in shouts, that August couldn't hear. He was in shock, that much was obvious. He didn't know how to act, he couldn't understand what was happening. His mind still in the process of understanding the severity of the words.

Only the throwing of a vase took him out of his shocked state. And at once all the noise around him took a sound. Johanna, had picked up a blue and green vase from the dresser and smashed it into the wall next to the television. Curses of all kind follow. August jumped at the sounds, but couldn't really care about the broken vase, as he himself couldn't care for the Capitol product.

August stared back at the screen. The camera flew across the Capitol people, taking in their shocked, flabbergasted expressions. He felt as if they felt stronger emotions than he did. He wanted to be angry, but he wasn't and that made him mad at himself.

Was this a plot to stop the rebellious state that the country has found themselves in. August knew that District seven wasn't the only District with riots and it was all because of Katniss Everdeen. Was this to eradicate her and with that the flame and hope to start an uprising. Did Snow know about his own help with the riots and therefore will be sending him into the arena as well. Probably.

Snow knew everything. He was smart, no one could deny that. It was one of the factors which made him so dangerous. August thought how with the killing of victors, a part of each District's strength and hope would vanish. That was his goal. Snow thought that there was too much hope in the game, so he needed to set it down a bit. The last games gave the people hope, that the Capitol wasn't unattainable and Snow didn't like that.