Chapter 5

Take a deep breath. That's what they always say you should do when you're having panic attacks.
Also Take a deep breath when you're crying your eyes out. Do I follow those rules? Yes. But do they really work? I wouldn't say so. It's not like the word around you gets better, or that your dead brother returns if you take deep breath's. No, all they do is giving you some time to get some air into your lungs so your body can prepare itself for the next wave of mental breakdowns.
People really should stop telling you that everything will be okay. It honestly won't. My life without Armen is just half a life.
Losing Armen is like losing half of oneself. Never a single day we spent without each other, and now I'm expected to continue my life without him? How dare people tell me everything will get better?
IT WONT!

Damon slowly steps away from the shards of glass that had shattered beneath his feet. It happened again. Him losing his mind to anger and despair, losing all senses of time and the world around him.
He could see blood following his tracks as he walks backwards, but in all honesty, it doesn't badger him that his feet have been cut by shards of glass. Another reason to not return to the training grounds with sensei Wu. He couldn't stand him or the others anymore. His entire view of them had changed past the year after the death of his brother. They were no longer subjects of pranking and tricks, just abnormal people who just kept telling him the lies of how life will be better as time passes. Nor could he handle the pity glares he gets every time he's around. It's sickening.

He has been thinking of leaving though. He knew that's a crazy thing to do, traveling the world alone, but maybe, this could be the only way for him to discover a life of his own? Find a way to live without his brother? He forsure didn't think his place was here anymore. That died with Armen.
Without cleaning up the shards from the broken bowl, he left the room, heading towards where he knew he could get his hands on some bandages to wrap up his wounds. He just hoped Wu of anyone wouldn't be around.
Took only seconds to get that question answered, and he grabbed some rolls of bandages from the medkitt underneath the sink in the kitchen.
As he did that, an idea lit up. No one was around right now. And most of the ninja were out on missions. Only Wu and y/n were around. He could easily leave the temple without them knowing.
Right?
Right.

" you almost went after him back there!" Cole managed to speak after a few minutes of catching his breath. He didn't know for how long they both had been spending their time on running, but if sure was exhausting! He couldn't remember last time he had to run so hard away from anything.
" I ... I couldn't just leave him behind." Seliel gagged, trying her best not to throw up the little of food she had eaten through their days trapped up in the ventilation of the new headquarters of the dark lord.
" you would have gotten yourself killed. It's not like he's a hero deep down within." Cole replied. He couldn't help it but dislike Brine. It's not like they can blame him for it either. He did try to kill them last year at the tomb of fire last year. Almost killing Lloyd to complete the ritual, fighting him, heck he literally was a part of the team that also killed Armen! Whatever Seliel saw in him, he didn't believe it, and he never would. He was the reason to why the dark lord is back. Brine is the dark lord now.
" you're an asshole you know?" Seliel angrily glares at him. How was she able to spend this much time with this guy in the ventilation!?
" I'm the asshole!? What about your evil boyfriend crush huh!? You are aware that he brought back the dark lord!?"
" What!? He's not my boyfriend crush! He's my friend! And Kai would have said the same! How am I any different!" Seliel was losing it now.
" I wouldn't treat Kai any different except I actually know him! He's my brother! You're not! For all I know, maybe you're still on the bad guy side!" Cole snaps at her.
" really? Bad guy side is the best word you got to describe it? You're just impossible!"
" I'm impossible!? You can't blame me for always watching out for myself and my brothers!"
" Then what about Lloyd!? He also was on our side, he actually grew up there! Does Lloyd also go under the category of not trustable?" She fought hard to hold back her tears now.
" he is the son of Garmadon, who throughout my whole time as a ninja has always stood by our side and prepared us for the big danger in the world! And Lloyd is also the child of prophecy!" Cole wasn't going to lose this discussions.
This was enough for Seliel. Instead of coming up with a counter reply, she simply took a deep breath, wiped a tear away from her chin and lifted her wrist. Carefully she takes off her communicator that Garmadon has handed to both her and Skylor when they had joined forces.
" have it your way" she throws him the communicator.
" what?" Cole hadn't expected this outcome.
" have it your way!" She yells at him. Then turns to leave him.
" I'm a bad guy! Okay! Sure! I will save Brine myself! I will save the world myself!" She keeps yelling as she walk away from him.
Cole pics up the communicator and runs after her.
" hey! Don't go! You're not gone make it alone! Seliel wait!" Cole reached her and grabbed her shoulder.
" stop before you do something stupid!"

She grabbed his hand on her shoulder and threw him off balance, using her shoulder to throw him over her and to the ground. Cole landed on his back , and he felt the air getting knocked out of his lungs at impact.
" I'm doing something stupid? Says the guy who thinks I'm on the ' bad guy ' side" she angrily looks down at him. Cole could see the pain in her face. He truly had hurt her now... and for real this time. Regret crawls up in his guts and guilt takes over. He was one of those people who found it really hard to apologize to anyone. It was one of the worst things he could think of doing, especially if it actually was his fault.
" Seliel.." he began, but his voice was raspy after getting the air knocked out of him.
She started walking away again. She wasn't going to deal with him. Especially not after what he had said. She was going to do this herself.
" WHY!?" Cole yells after her.
" why him!? Why !? You know he is responsible for lots of things!"

" he was forced into everything! He never wanted to leave his home in the mountain village! He never wanted any of this! The league forced this upon him!" She yells back at Cole. God how she hated him.

" doesn't change the fact that he killed the previous master of ice." Cole's voice was cold. At the mention of this, Seliel stopped in her tracks, frozen. How In the world did he know...? How did hr know about that mission?
" can't defend him from that, can you?" Cole slightly smirks when he realizes.
" how did you find out about that...?" She almost whispers the reply, still frozen in her steps.
Cole hesitated for a moment. Should he really tell her how? It's not like it's much of a secret anymore. Everyone knows now that Brine is the first renegade, the one before Lloyd.
" there was this digital diary" Cole replies.

This was enough to turn Seliel around.
" piper's diary?! How!? Where!? How did you find it! I've been looking around for that forever!" Seliel sounded almost desperate to Cole. He took some small steps backwards as he wasn't sure how her reaction was gone effect the outcome of this conversation.
" if I'm not wrong, I believe Lloyd was the one to find something in the scraps of the old league base, I'm honestly not sure. He calmly rested his hand upon his weapon, in case this went crazy.
" I can't believe it... " Seliel whispers.

" she wrote down everything. About the murder of the master of Ice. How zane has those powers, I have no idea to how and why, but it doesn't change the fact that Brine is the assassin who killed him." Cole spoke.

" no, he didn't want to do that mission! He was forced to!" Seliel again defends him.
" Sel, stop! Are you even listening to yourself!? He had a choice!"

" no.... He didn't..." she whispered, tears forming in her eyes again.

" how would you know?" Cole replies.

" because I was there, I was 015, and he was my team leader... before he became the renegade."

—————

Yeah I can happily confirm that my exams are over! I'm honestly great full to your patience! I'm sorry for how long it took to update and I hope I'm all back now!

Let me know how the story is going for you guys. I'm always interested in what's on your mind when it comes to predictions and thoughts on characters 😂