Chapter 9

"Master! Ninjas has been detected in the outer rim of the city! They managed to capture one, but the other got away!" A small looking agent comes running into the mid circle. The numbers 98 are ingrained into his neck as a tattoo, marking him as one of the League agents.
He steps back in fear as he takes in the room. A large circle, marked with letters of a language he has never seen, scared him. It looked like a ritual of some kind, and he wasn't far from the truth.
" finally some sign of their existence!" A voice rung through the entire room. The mouth of the young man in the middle of the circle did not move, and his eyes were shut. On his knees, he sat there with his head bent down. It looked like he wasn't even alive by how pale his skin was.
" w..what?" The boy nervously forms the words. He knew it was a bad mistake asking questions of the dark lord. But it had just slipped him.
He felt a hard blow to his chest and hit the wall behind him hard.
" gather some agents and look for the last ninja. Bring me the one you have captured, so I can talk to him."
" her... it's a her... " he regretted correcting him right away as another hard blow was thrown at him. He knew by how the man in the circle didn't move , that the dark lord was out in his true spirit form. He quickly got to his feet and left the room as fast as he possibly could.

Dark essence started  gathering around Brine. His head was forced up by the invisible force and his mouth opened, dark shadows entering his body through it. Where once his eyes were blue, now had the same blood red color of a blood moon. It wasn't visible through his new uniform, but his body has gone through a big change from what it used to be a year ago. Most of his muscles from the hard work he had endured during his stay up in pipers home village, had long gone, and his face looked looked darker than it once had.

The dark lord inhaled air into the lungs of his vessel, exploring all the scents that surrounded him. That was amongst his new favorite sense he had gotten from combining his soul with a human being. Being a lose spirit without a manifestation, meant feeling the world differently too. Humans were lucky in many ways, having the gift of enjoying the world differently. But he also saw the big distraction of it. Emotions, feelings, freedom to choose. Doomed to fail at reaching their full potential as a race.
He opened his eyes at the sound of approaching footsteps and guards struggling with a stubborn prisoner.
One of the guards has a scratch mark over his left eyes.

He was standing before her. Nya's blood froze the moment she laid eyes on him, even the guards behaved differently. His eyes were nothing like the blue ones she recognized him by. She never really knew Brine, but she knew he meant a big deal to Kai.
" sorry for trespassing, I promise I won't be doing it again" she kept her cool, trying her best to sell her brave girl act. Just being in his presence made her legs shiver, and heart beat faster.
" no dear, you're a guest. In fact, I've been waiting for you and your friend to accept my invitation. However, only you showed up." His fingers gently moves some straws of hair away from Nya's face. Warm, his hands are warm. Still alive...
" yeah I don't know why, probably something to do with the host being a party pooper." She couldn't believe herself. She was nervous and yes, she was replying on nerves, but really? She was sounding like Kai! Even worse, Jay!
The dark lord didn't really find it amusing either and moved his gaze to the guards.
" And the other? How did you lose him?"
The guard swallowed hard before answering: " we lost him sir."
" that I already know"

" We detected a powerful magic source in the area, and we believe the Green ninja had outside help to escape. Likely one of his allies." Clouse speaks as he walks in, hands behind his back, head lifted high, with a less proud Morro following behind him.
" magic? The ninja's are the opposite of magic. Elemental powers are natural while magic bends the laws of nature in an unnatural way. It's amongst my rank of dark powers." Brines head slightly tilts, meeting Clouse's proud gaze.
" so you're suggesting it's not the ninja?" He replies.
" if you are sure you detected magic."

Nya noticed how Clouse tried to hide his uncertainty. She didn't remember exactly what had happened at the end of their escape attempt earlier that night, but she couldn't recall any moment of magic. Lloyd had fallen into the river, and was saved by it. No one had gone after him.

" magic or not... he still got away " Morro spoke, avoiding Clous angrily gaze.
" I am the specialist in magic! I know what I sensed!" Clouse angrily clenches his fists, eying Morro.
" yeah, and I'm the green ninja. Still, none of you got him, or has any clue to where he could be right now."
" and what do you suggest we do?" It took everything to keep his calm when Clouse spoke those last words. Morro noticed that the eyes of the dark lord was on him, waiting for his answer, a solution to be placed before them.

" you really expect a kid to hold the answer?" Clouse turned to see Ash walk in behind them, wearing his usual cocky smirk.
" wipe that smile off your face" Clouse groans at the sight of him.
" say please?"
Ash joins them where they stand, now noticing the captive ninja. Nya narrows her eyes at him. He had been the man behind everything that had happened last year. The reason to why the league had risen up from the shadows again and the reason to the dark lord possessing Kai's friend.
She wasn't sure about this Brine guy and his role in everything, but Kai had defended him with everything he got when Cole had gone again him. She remembered them getting all heated up about everything and almost blew our cover when we had all gone into hiding.
Now seeing the guy in person, she wasn't sure what to make of him. She hadn't known him.

Nya snapped out of her thoughts when she realized that Ash was looking down at her, looking like he was waiting for something.
" what?" She was confused.
" where's your hideout? And the rest of yours gang? It's time to join give up and admit defeat."
Nya gritted her teeth, coldly staring back at him. How dare he assume she would give up her family?"
" get lost" she snapped at him.

" quit wasting my time" the dark lord held up his hand, stopping ash from replying.
" If she doesn't want to answer then I have no other choice but to look for myself.
Brine lifted his hands and placed them at each side of Nya's head, slowly kneeling down before her. Then leaning both their heads against each other.
Ash and Morro takes a step back at the sight of them. Both their eyes glow in a purplish tone. Nya gasps at the sudden coldness entering her mind.