Chapter 18

Harumi couldn't believe it.
After hours of crawling, hiding and searching for the dark lords vessel, they had totally not predicted the amount of people who shared her common goal. Turns out, there's more than just them who wanted the legendary traitor, who she had planned for so long to have her revenge on.
It all started with this:

" the map says the throne chambers are this way.." Harumi holds up the map, holding it up for Lloyd to see as well. She had given up on doing this herself. Lloyd likely knew how to read maps better and that was something she just had to accept.
" just don't rub it in" she mumbled as she released Lloyd's throat, allowing him to talk.
" sure.." he mumbles, scanning through the map to understand the drawing that told the locations.
" this map is very old, how did you get it?" He tilts his head to look at her.
" it was hard, but I got it off a black market guy, payed good money for it and all" she replies.
" it's fake" Lloyd couldn't hold back a grin. It wasn't in spite of her, but rather, he found it really funny.
" What!? No it can't be!" She grabs the map.
" look, we've been through the entire left wing of the castle, and if I'm not wrong, there was never a hallway down this path, nor was there bedrooms. This is a fake, whoever made these had some knowledge of the place, but obviously not enough." He points again.
" we're east right now, but according to the map, we're still left for the throne room"
Harumi gaped.
" you're right... how the hell do you have such a great compass in your head?" She blurred out.
" I don't know, born epic I guess " he chuckled.
" I guess you ninja aren't THAT dum" she replied, smiling up at him.
" you thought of us as dumb !?" Lloyd replied, not really surprised. She hadn't exactly been an ally
" Harumi, I know you've been through a lot, and that things haven't been easy for you. But look at us... we're actually, a decent team" Harumi went silent at the mention of her condition in life. She wanted to reply, or snap back at him for mentioning it, but this time, he had gotten to her. She couldn't remember the last time she was having a laugh, a genuine laugh.
He wasn't wrong. Never in the world that she would admit it, but she actually enjoyed this. Not being alone.
" whatever " was all she replied with as she grabs the map back.
" what you need that for? It clearly isn't of any use to us now" Lloyd eyes her, but she turns away. She felt her cheeks flare up.

" give me control over my body and let me guide us, we stand a better chance that way" Lloyd suggest.
" and let you stop me from going through with my plan? No way" she replies.
" it's not like you can just snap your fingers and my body is full under your control " Lloyd sarcastically glances at her. He has a point, Harumi thinks to herself, but still, she didn't trust him.
" I don't think so green guy" she folded the map and put it away. She didn't want his help, so that meant she had to come up with something else...
" we could just retreat, this place is full of league agents, and the map is no help. We have no idea where Brine is so I think we have no other choice" Lloyd spoke. Harumi clutched her hands in silence, desperately trying to come up with something. She didn't want to admit it, but they really had no control of their situation.
" you really think you can find him?" She mumbled as a reply. It angered her to lose this battle.
" I think I do. But I can't do it if I have no control over myself... trust me, I will not betray you. But I will not agree to kill him" Lloyd knew this could be the ice breaker.
" I am here to kill him! That's the entire point!" She disagreed.
" come on" Lloyd replied
" no! He is the source to the dark lord being able to rule the over world! Without a vessel, he can't stay up here long!" Lloyd hated this. It wasn't the right way, but what if this was the only way...? No, no way he would do this to Brine. Last time they had met, Brine had turned out to never having joined the league of shadows, rather, he had a gun held up to his head and had no way of making his own choices. He had given Lloyd critical important information, and saved them. Only, things hadn't turned out well for him.
" what about... we capture him? If his body is drugged, then the dark lord won't be able to do much right?" Lloyd had to give it a try. This is the least he could do for Brine.
" Lloyd... there is no other way? We're putting more people in danger if we let him live..." Harumi stepped in front of him and put her hands onto his cheeks, pulling his face closer to hers.
" Think about the people" she pulled him closer, and Lloyd almost thought their lips would meet.
" think about your own future... with Y\N."
He froze at that. She wasn't wrong ...
" it's for the greater good"

Lloyd remain silent after that. Her words had gotten to him. What if it actually would fix the world to kill Brine? Could this really be the only way?
Something else had Lloyd thinking, not fully understand why Brine had been the one who was the dark lords chosen one. He didn't want to sound selfish, but Lloyd was the green ninja, the master of all elements and energy itself... he was the most powerful of all the ninja, or so legends says. Why wasn't Lloyd his target? Why hadn't the dark lord chosen him?
Brine was just a guy. A skilled fighter. An ex assassin.
Why?
Lloyd thought to himself. He shook his head, shaking the thought of as there were more important things right now. That's when he felt his body suddenly being pushed up against the wall, the air knocked out of him.
" Lloyd !" Harumi called out. Lloyd's head was spinning at this sudden affair, not having seen it coming at all.
It took him a moment to gather himself what he supposed felt the familiar freezing within him. Harumi was talking control.
Only seconds later, his fist made contact with one of the attackers. He moved on to the next as the first fell down, but this time, his fist made contact with something more solid than flesh. Haven used full force, the encounter had damaged something for sure. He felt the pain, but not being able to control himself, there was no time to map out the damage. He knew two things, one of them where human, the other, possibly not.
Two.
They where two. That meant, non league members. But still, they had attacked.
The guy from the floor gets up, and Lloyd was about to attack when the second figure jumped out In from of him to shield him from Lloyd.
" you two aren't leaguers! Why are we fighting!" Harumi called out.
The figure in front narrows its eyes, not providing them an answer.
" winners keepers " The voice behind replied, and without any hesitation, he pulled a ladder. Lloyd was about to jolt forward when he noticed the metal bars coming down from the sealing above him. He quickly dodged it by simply backing off, but the damage had been done. It was a path blocker.
" no!" Harumi called out, running up towards the bars, trying to rip them apart with her bare hands.
" quickly! We need another way!" She made some small hand signs and the iciness melted away.
" take the lead Lloyd! Brine is also their target!"