Chapter 12

" wake up"
Lloyd almost expected there to be sunlight blinding him, instead, over him stood Harumi with a candle in her hand. Her eyes sparkled in the light of the small fire as she grabbed hold of Lloyds hair and pulled him out of bed.
" that's one way of doing it..." Lloyd mumbles as he rubs his eyes. Beauty sleep is something he never had the luxury of throughout his life, so waking up early was normal, both for ninjas and assassins.
" Mission time!" Harumi chuckles as she puts down the candle, ending her dramatic wake up entrance.
Lloyd got on his feet. Something inside of him turned when it sunk in that 'mission time' meant kill Brine time. Being unable to do anything about it made Lloyd feel weaker than he has ever felt, powerless.
" we're not too far away from the city, and I've planned a route for us to follow without any high chances of getting spotted..." Harumi kept on mumbling out loud intel, but Lloyd wasn't paying much attention to what she was saying, rather, he was watching her. The only source of light was coming from the candle, the light still brought all of her beautiful features to life, giving her the face of someone that doesn't look like a crazy witch.

" have you ever taken someone's life before...?"

Harumi was completely dumbfounded at the question. She was baffled to have been cut off mid sentence out of a sudden, but when the words had reached her brain, she went quiet.
Lloyd eyed her.

" ..." silence.

Lloyd had noticed a pattern by studying her. Her yellow eyes, avoiding contact with his green ones was a body language of hers. Avoiding eye contact = no.

" not really " She replies.

" you won't be the same after..." none of them spoke. Lloyd was waiting for a reaction, but Harumi didn't do much. But silence tells a tale of its own too.

Lloyd then turns his gaze to the window. Complete darkness. He wasn't sure what the time was, but he would find out eventually.
"Enough!" Harumi snaps out of her moment of silence and turns to open her bag that was laying by her bed. She pulls out the sirup and dips two of her fingers into it. Then pulls them back out and grab Lloyd's jaw. She looks him in the eyes and whisper some words that seems to be some kind of encouragement or spell. The moment her lips stopped moving, he felt the same icing feeling reappear in his throat that prevented him from being able to speak. She whispered another word and he felt his entire body freeze up.

" there we go, we got a mission to get too. No time to play around..."
Lloyd could feel all of his self control leave his mind. It's as if he had been forced out of the pilot seat, and some one else was taking over. And his body was cold. Really cold. He hadn't noticed it last time, due to the shock likely.

With that, Harumi blows out the candle and everything starts. His body starts moving, and together, the two of them leave.

Kai gasped for air.
" where am I!?" Nothing made sense. Where he was right now didn't make sense.

" finally! Dude!" Jay's voice was ringing through his head as his annoying high pitched voice made his head start spinning.
" what happened?" Kai mumbles underneath his breath as the ringing died out after some seconds.
" well.... We found Zane" Jay begins, but Kai notices the hunch.
" and where is Zane right now?" Kai asks. Does he really have to ask to get an answer? Just get to the point already!
" I think he is corrupted bro... like, he was working with the evil robot army!"
Kai is silent. Zane, corrupt? How?

" he's a nindroid after all, he's different from the rest of us." Jay mumbled.
" no shit Sherlock! When did you find out!? And where are we?" Then the smell hits.
" no way..." Kai pinches his nose.
" yes way. We had no other choice!"
" THE SEWERS!?" Kai snaps at Jay.
" there was no other way! The signals down here doesn't work quite well, so whoever is in control of the army won't be able to do much down here."
" this sucks! And how do we get Zane back? We can't exactly let him stay with them." Kai gets to his feel. A faint memory of a iron fist punching him in the face reawakens in his mind, and a face looking like Zane comes to mind.
" How? How did they hack him?" Kai mumbled, gently feeling his face for where he had been punched. He felt pain at his left cheek, but had no way of seeing the damage. Jay watched him, holding back the information about the big blue mark around Kai's face, as he knew it would tip him off.
" I don't think it's hacking... I think... they have put something in him. I have tried to hack Zane back some years ago for a fun prank, but his system is way to protected for it. I think they have added something to his system."
" isn't that still hacking?" Kai replies.
" shut up" Jay shakes his head in agony. He wasn't wrong.
" now what?" Kai glances around, taking the place in. It smelled awful, but he didn't deny that the sewers are a tiny bit better than evil robot army ganging up on them. It's not like he has much to fight them with now that his fire is gone...
" there's a hideout we could locate to. If I'm not wrong, Nya and Lloyd was supposed to have gone there not to long ago. If we're lucky, they could still be there" Jay holds a map and tries to figure out how to get through the sewers maze. Kai hadn't noticed the map until now, but curiosity makes him walk over to Jay to take a look too.
" you sure they are or have been there?" Kai asks.
" before we left to look for Zane, That house had been mentioned as a possible hideout and a small outpost for intel gathering. But after we left and lost all connection with the others, I have no idea if they went for it or not."
" this house?" Kai points. It was a building located just at the edge of the city center, where the league guards was a bit less crowded.
" yes" Jay confirmed.
" then let's go"

Both of them grab their bags and their items, ready to head on. Kai couldn't wait to get out of this stinking place. This entire place was a maze, and navigating it wasn't easy.
" how far is it?" Kai mumbles as he kicks something he first thought was a rock, but had a completely different weight to it. Kai had to look away, ignoring the entire thing. If he had to know, he would not like the answer. After what seemed like hours, but in reality was just 30 minutes, Kai starts complaining again.
" are we there yet?"
" dude you're such a baby, I have never met anyone so inpatient"
" look who's complaining like a baby!" Kai snaps back, about to come up with an even better reply when a loud slam was heard coming from behind them.
" did you let the gas out?" Kai grins up at Jay, who didn't find it funny.
" you think that's the sound a fart? Really Kai!? Obviously something fell to the ground."
" I don't know dude, I have shared rooms with you for years, and me and the boys have woken up to smelling farts from your side of the room."
" oh my God Kai I hate you!"
But then something else reached their ears.
" did you hear that?"
They both went quiet. Both listening while holding their breath...

" nah dude you messing with my brain" Kai break the silence.
" stop sca...."

Footsteps.

" RUN"