Chapter 15

It took hours to find their way out of the tunnels, no thanks to the map Harumi had brought with her. By spending all this time down here, Lloyd had expected to run into the boys, but that hadn't happened.
Had Jay and Kai gone down after them? Maybe it was a good thing to not follow them down here, he and Harumi had struggled to the point that Lloyd had believed that this was his new home.
" let's not go in there again" they walked out a small door way that lead them into a stone like cellar, or something similar to it.
" you know where we are?" Lloyd looked over her shoulder to study the map in her hands. With her nails, one moved towards the drawing of a castle.
" this map is of the ancient Ninjago city, so we won't find a castle above ground, but it lays beneath."
« castle?" Had there been a castle in ninjago?
" yes castle, at least that's what it says in the map and it was drawn ages ago. Surprised?" Harumi glanced over at Lloyd who genuinely was surprised.
" I don't know much about the history, but from what I've hear, there has always been a battle between against the dark lord throughout the times." Harumi folds the map and turns In what she believes is the right direction.
His body followed her by command and together they continued down the cave into the darkness ahead. Anxiety flourished inside of him, not looking forward to what waits ahead. Brine didn't deserve this... but was he still in there somewhere? Time to find out...

" we lost them! Agh!" Jay angrily punches the wooden wall, leaving a mark.
" we will find him... just not down there. We struggled to find our way out, no way we would find them and then get out" kai calmly grabs Jay's shoulder, pulling him gently away from the wall that likely would have receive another punch if Jay didn't back off. It's not the wall's fault.
" we're a mess! The entire team, everyone is spread out, how are we going to take down the dark lord!? This is doomed to go bad. This is what they wanted! And who the hell is that girl!?"
" dude, breathe..." kai makes Jay face him. Worry was written all over his face, but what good would that do us?
" look, we got each other brother..." he could feel Jay's forehead lean against his shoulder, his body shaking slightly. Kai was taken aback by the sudden change of mood.
He felt Jay's grip tighten around his arms, and then he heard the sob.
" Jay..." the shaking slightly increased and there was no doubt, he had reached a limit..
Kai embraces him, allowing both his arms to pull his brother closer. More sobs came, and Kai knew talking wasn't the right thing to do at this given moment. Emotions whelmed up in him too, but no tears.
Jay was right. This had been the first time in weeks, maybe even months since they had seen Lloyd, and seeing him completely helpless wasn't exactly a happy sight.

" Nya wasn't with him..." it came as a drowned whisper, but Kai caught it. The thought of something had happened to his sister stirred up scary thoughts, images. He felt the worry grow, but no, right now this was not the time to break down.
" Nya is strong... fierce, and she knows how to take care of herself... I worry too.
Jay's body slightly calms down. But he didn't budge.
" I got you brother..." Kai whispers as Jay tries to hold back a sob, obviously failing.
" take a breath, relax... we got this.." a chuckle escapes him as he realize how calm he is. Usually Kai is the one losing himself to anger and worry. But maybe losing his powers made him les of a hothead?
" what's so funny?" Jay snapped, seemingly a bit less stressed.
" nothing, just realized you're crying on my shoulder like a baby"
Jay pushed him annoyingly away, cursing under his breath. Kai grinned, just happy to see Jay get himself together.
" I'm not crying "
" no, your eyes are just water bending with your eyes ."
Kai dodged a wooden splint coming his way.
" wipe that grin off your face" impossible. But now Kai could see a slight smile on his face. Good. Very good. Seeing someone break down like that terrified him, and now that things was calming down, that calmed him down.
" she better be okay, if not, someone is going to pay."
" trust me brother, Nya is the kind of person who will make anyone who thatches her regret it. She's strong, and you know that."
" yeah, you're right. She's going to be alright.."
" I know you love her.." Kai paths his shoulder, one eye on him in case of any more wood splint attacks.
Jay nods.
" yeah... thank you."