Chapter 11

The crowd was at some point beginning to feel overwhelming. Even Harumi started to feel uncomfortable being pushed back and forth amongst strangers, which lead to her deciding on getting out of it by checking in at a small tavern that had some spare rooms for the night.

" are you even old enough to drink?" Lloyd eyed her as the waitress came by with two beers over to them.
" why does it matter? I have no mommy you can go snitching to. And these aren't really containing any alcohol. It just a sweet drink really" she explained. Even if they were, Lloyd didn't touch his.

" Harumi..." Lloyd looks at her, his tone sounding more serious than usual.
" what?" She replies, keeping her eyes on the sweet beer. Lloyd knew she was avoiding his gaze on purpose. Right now, he felt nothing like a captive. She wasn't treating him like shit.
" what happened to your parents?"
Silence.
Her golden eyes didn't move off the sweet beer, but she had frozen completely up. Usually she would snap at him or just show the topic away, like she kinda did before... but now?
" I suppose, the League is the reason?" He watched her closely. Her eyes moved to the floor. Him not being attacked by her was a big step.
" He worked for them. Provided them the soul sirup." Her fist clenched. He could see them... tears forming up in her eyes.
" Did the mission the soul sirup was meant for, fail?" Harumi closed her eyes. It confirmed everything. She was fighting hard to hold the tears back. Lloyd gently lays a hand on her clenched fist, not moving his eyes off her. She opened those golden eyes, and finally met his.
" They had used our soul sirup on a S rank mission, and no... the mission wasn't a fail. The agent it was used on had completed the mission, but, he wasn't supposed to be able to break free from it. I don't know the details, but, my dad got the blame. He was accused of having worked with the rogue agent and weakened the soul sirup for him to be able to break it. But my dad would never do that, he was sure there had to be a mistake done by the league when applying the sirup on the agent, but they didn't take that lightly." Harumi quickly wiped away a rolling tear.
" They killed him. Happy?"
Lloyd didn't let go of her hand. It took Harumi everything to not let the tears out, and Lloyd expressing that he cared wasn't exactly making it any easier.,
" don't you have a girlfriend?" Harumi spoke as she was trying to change the topic.
" I bet she wouldn't like seeing you holding my hand like that" Harumi moved her hand away as the thought hit her. Not that she cared.
Lloyd rolled with his eyes. Was showing sympathy to another girl cheating? He didn't think of it like that, but people has different opinions and boundaries when it comes down to that he supposed.
" she got nothing to worry about" Lloyd replies. An honest truth from his heart. And that was never going to change.

" come on. Try it." Harumi points at Lloyd's sweet beer. He raises an eyebrow at her suspiciously.
" agh come on! It's not like I've already trapped you with a funny drink already and have you under my complete control, at least try a small sip?" Well... she was speaking the truth, taking a sip wasn't going to case him more damage that hasn't already been done... right?
Not to seem like he gives in, he rolls with his eyes, and grabs the glass of sweet beer. He really didn't hold any high expectations for it, so when the flavors hit his tongue, he was in love.
Lloyd couldn't help it but love anything sweet. After getting out of the league, everything tasted like the best thing in the world, and he didn't want to stop eating ever. But sadly, a human body can only eat a limited amount...
So far, hot chocolate with marshmallows was topping the throne, but this sweet beer could reach the top 10 list for sure.
Drinking this is almost like losing your mind in a fairytale where everything is a big wonderful land of rainbows.
" told ya"
Her lips twist into a grin.
" Don't rub it in.." Lloyd sourly admits, but he couldn't hold back a smile. She wasn't too bad... like most bad people out there, she has her own story to tell, her own reasons, even though he didn't believe this to be the right path to walk.
Revenge never stops burning.

The door to Wo's meditation room burst open so suddenly that the family photo of him, his brother and father fell to the ground. He took a deep breath and turned to face whoever had interrupted him. Usually, this would have been Kai or Jay, but of course that wouldn't be them since they're out on missions and haven't been heard from in a very long time.
How he wish if was their face's standing in the doorway now. He would have done almost anything to be able and see them again... alive.
But the exhausted, and very alarmed Y/N made him put away his thoughts and Wu quickly got up to his feet.
" what's wrong?" Whatever was coming, he knew by the look of her that this wasn't going to be happy news.
" H...he's" she starts, but gasps for air as she has been running for dare life.
" He's GONE!" She burst out.
Wu wasn't completely sure what she was trying to tell him. A white note in her hand however, told him everything.