Chapter 17

A thousand needles piecing you while be being unable to wake up from a dark nightmare, this is what it felt like to be possessed. The constant urge to breathe air, but being unable to open your mouth. It's as if someone has blind folded you and now is guiding you somewhere, without you having the control to move by your own command.
Brine couldn't tell how much time had passed, there was nothing that indicated any form of time, and this terrified him. It's as if he isn't even existing, but rather just floating in a dark void.
But sometimes... he would talk to him.

For the very first time in ages, no idea how long, Brine's lungs filled themselves with air, and the constant absence of sound suddenly broke. Light consumes him and all his senses comes returns to him. His eyes slowly opens and the sight of feet comes into his vision. He moves his hands and is slow to realize that he was laying on the floor. Cold stone like concrete.
All of his energy was totally drained. Just moving his hands was hard enough, but his ability to hear came to good use.

" put him here" someone spoke, and Brine felt hands grab his arms.
" chain him, make sure, he can't get away." The same voice commands, and only moments later, Brine feels heavy, cold chains being put both his hands and one on his leg. He closes his eyes in pain, not used to the light.
With these chains on his hands, it was even harder to move, not that he could.

" Where is our lord?" This time, the voice belonged to someone else. He sounded younger than the first.
" He has gone to the underworld, why? I have no idea, but  i think it's for something important." Who sounds like the leader replies.

'Lord?' Brine though to himself, trying to recall what had happened. Faint memories comes to mind, but nothing makes sense. He remembered faces, but he couldn't recall their names... except one.
" guard the boy until the dark lord returns, don't let anyone in, and don't let anyone out. I'm talking about him. He must not leave." Brine opens his eyes again, now easier to maintain them open. Before him stood two guards, dressed up in what he recognized to be the league uniforms. The sight of them brought back memories. He reminded enough to know what was going on. The dark lord, the ninjas, the shadows... the choice he had made... how bad was everything?
The door to what seemed like a big throne room slammed closed and two guards planted themselves in front of it, facing him.
Regaining more of his strength, Brine slightly lifts his head to look around more.
This place wasn't a jail chamber, but it was his prison. He then saw what his body was leaning against and it was a big steel like throne. His predictions were right, but he had never seen this place before. Where was he? Had they... lost?
His mind was spinning crazy with worry as this wasn't supposed to have happen.
He tried to lift his hands and move his body, but his limbs wouldn't move.
He could feel the curious gazes from the guards  staring at him, watching him closely. Brine wasn't sure if he recognized them from the old days back in the league, but he doesn't think he does. Hard to tell when you only see half of their faces.
Brine closes his eyes. He could feel his body regaining energy, but the process was very slow, and he had to figure out something. Then he remembered what the guards had said: " until the dark lord returns..." His heart beat raises at the thought of it. He was only here now, because the dark lord had left him, whenever he returns, Brine would return to the dark.
" deep breath..." Brine whispered to himself as he was starting to get stressed by the thought of it. He really didn't want to go back there, lose full control of himself and time.

" what was that?" A guard spoke up from where he stood by the door. Brine rose his head to face him.
" What?" Brine replied. His throat felt dry, but not too bad.
" Did you say something?" The guard replied.
He must've heard him mumble to himself.
" nothing" Brine replies. He didn't feel like talking...  or, maybe now he had the chance to get some answers.
" what has happened?" Brine asked, eyeing the guard.
" what do you mean? You gotta be more specific than that." The guard replied. He seemed very young to Brine, perhaps he had no idea?
" how long has it been since... since he took over me?" It felt weird to ask these questions, but he needed to know.
" since the dark lords return? If I'm not wrong, it's maybe been a bit over a year. How long has it been?" The guard turns to the other, getting just a shrug in return.
This hits him hard. A year... A YEAR... spending a year in torture, in complete disconnection from reality... a year of his life gone, that's really fucked up...

" And the ninja?" He had to know...
" we have two of them captured, but other than that, they're out there somewhere" the guard replied. This information caused the second one to give his partner a punch with his elbow, telling him to shut up.
Those are good news, Brine though to himself. So there was still a fight going on, still hope for this realm..

" stay still." This voice was not belonging to the guards. In fact, this voice came from right behind him. This was when he noticed the cold ticketing feeling up against his throat. A knife...
The guards suddenly noticed the situation and drew their swords.
" don't you dare touch him!" One of them called out. Weird how he was their prisoner, but at the same time, the dark lords vessel. He was important...

Brine didn't budge.
" good boy," The stranger whispers into his ear, slightly stroking his neck with the knife. A shiver ran through his body at the feeling, not even daring to swallow.
" any closer, and the boy is dead" She called out, forcing the guards to keep their distance. Whoever she was, she had planned this well.
Why did he have to be in danger the moment he woke up? Brine thought to himself as this was starting to annoy him.
" remove his chains" a dark dressed figure walked out from behind him and knelt down, breaking the chains white ease. Then he got up and faced the guards.
" get up" the woman whispers in Brines ears.
Without moving his head Brine replied: " I can't..."
With a simple motion, the dark figure turned towards them and pulled Brine to his feet. His legs failed him. Brine fell to his knees, using all his strength to keep himself up. He felt the figure grab him again, and this time, he was thrown over his shoulder. It was very uncomfortable, but Brine didn't complain. This was Better than having a knife against his throat.

" no no no!" The guards called out as the two figures made their way towards their exit, leaving them having to explain to their leaders how some unrecognizable people stole their dark lord.
Having little to no strength, Brine didn't get to study his surroundings. He had no idea what was going on, and no idea where they we're taking him. One thing he knew... this was not a rescue mission.