Chapter 34

"Is something wrong?" Sébastien asked, pulling Ava from her thoughts. She hadn't even realized she'd been staring at her food until now.

"What?"

"I asked if something was wrong," he repeated while assessing her facial expressions in an attempt to find answers. "You're a little quiet."

"Oh. No, nothing is wrong. I'm just a little nervous for tonight, is all," she quietly admitted.

"It'll go fine, I promise," he assured her.

She lightly smiled at him before taking another bite even though she wasn't hungry at all. Her leg bounced up and down on its own and every time she forced herself to stop she caught it starting up again a few moments later.

She knew it wasn't something he'd understand, and that was fine. Even if he did it would make no difference and she was just going to have to suck it up and go with it. She'd already told both Sébastien and Everly that she was coming, and it was too late to cancel now.

They finished up but Ava stayed behind to clean the dishes. It would be easier for Lauren if she did those herself instead of making her wash two sets of dishes every night.

Sébastien had left to make some phone calls but promised he'd come to get Ava when it was time to leave. Now there was nothing left to do but to get ready for the evening.

Slowly, she made her way back to her room and into the shower. The scalding hot water relaxed her muscles and a sigh escaped her. And while she'd love to stay in there the whole evening, she knew she was running out of time.

Reluctantly, she turned off the shower and dried herself off before putting on her underwear. The light pink dress was still on her bed so she grabbed it and tried to put it on, but she'd missed a spot on her back when she dried herself off and now the friction made it hard to put on the dress.

After a bit of shimmying the dress finally came up, allowing Ava to zip up the back. The last thing to do was her hair since she didn't really have any makeup to put on.

When all was done she looked herself over in the mirror. The longer she stared the more she started guessing her choices. Was her hair too flat? Was the dress too formal? Or not formal enough? She didn't really know where they were going to do or how to dress accordingly.

Doubt clouded her mind and suddenly every aspect of her body was subject to her own scrutiny.

Only when a knock came from her door she was pulled from those thoughts. "Come in," she said before the door opened to reveal Sébastien. A dark T-shirt and a leather biker's jacket graced his upper body, with simple jeans underneath.

His eyes slowly dragged over her body and down to her legs before taking his time to drag them up again. A dark look swept over his face before he started walking toward her.

"Damn," he mumbled as he came to a stop in front of her and reached out to pull her towards him by the waist. "I think we should stay in tonight," he said before reaching down to kiss her slowly, but quickly building into something deeper.

Ava immediately reacted by kissing him back with that same energy. Suddenly, she didn't feel so insecure anymore as his reaction told her enough of what he thought of the look. When they broke apart she took that moment to reply to his earlier words.

"It was your idea to go," she half-whispered. She didn't have to talk much louder due to their proximity.

"I know. But I want you for myself right now," he said before suddenly reaching down to grab the back of her legs to pull her up, making her yelp in surprise and quickly reach her hands around his neck for support. "Sébastien," she laughed as he started walking towards the bed.

He gently lowered her into the bed so that he hovered over her and took a moment to look at her again. "You're so goddamn beautiful, Ave," he suddenly murmured before kissing her again. The words barely got any time to process but eventually, they did reach her. He really thought that?

His soft lips on hers already made it hard to think but when his tongue requested entrance there was nothing else she could think about anymore. She willingly have it and his tongue slowly started stroking hers while his left hand moved back to her leg, which was now extra exposed due to her dress riding up.

When a small moan escaped her mouth she almost felt embarrassed, but it spurred on Sébastien who deepened the kiss even more. One of her hands moved to stroke through her short hair while the other went down his neck and to his chest.

Eventually, oxygen ran out and they had to break apart to breathe but Sébastien immediately went down to kiss her cheek, jaw, and lastly her neck. That last part received extra attention as he slowly dragged his tongue over a sensitive spot, causing her to release a moan again. But this time she didn't even have time to consider being embarrassed, because he started sucking the spot. She lightly pulled his hair in response, which made him let out a groan that reverberated through her throat.

He let go of the spot on her neck, but not before kissing it one last time before coming up to kiss her lips again. "We're going to be late," he murmured eventually before kissing her one last time. The sensations were immediately missed by Ava, but she knew he was right.

"Right," she breathed while looking back at him. The dark look he wore before was still there, if not even darker and she enjoyed the thought of her being the cause of it. His previously neatly done hair was pulled in all sorts of directions and she could only imagine how her own hair looked.

When he got off the bed he pulled her with her, but he pulled a little too hard and she bumped into him. He took that moment to hold her against him again before dipping down to kiss her again. "Sébastien," she laughed. "You said we were going to be late."

"Hmm," he murmured. "I don't really care anymore."

"I do," she replied, moving her head back and making him frown. "And I have to redo my hair."

He sighed, but let her go before following her into her small bathroom. The only thing he had to do to fix his hair was run his hand through it and Ava couldn't help but feel a little jealous at that.

After that he just watched her brush her own hair but she noticed after a while he was a little focused on one spot in particular. There was a red spot on her neck and she thought that maybe he felt a little bad about it. But she was sure it'd be gone within a few minutes so she just focused on her hair instead.

When she was done she turned around to face him again with a small smile. "All ready."

The smile was met with one of his own as he held out his hand for her to take. "Let's go, then."