Epilogue

With every toll of the bell blood pumped through her ears. With a hand on her stomach, she tried to steady her breath.

She'd been nervous plenty of times in her life but it had been nothing compared to what she felt now. It was almost enough to drown out the excitement she felt from what was about to happen.

Any minute now, she thought.

She stood alone in the hall before the chapel, there was no one to give her away. But that didn't take away from the happiness of her day.

Someone was waiting for her on the other side of that door. Someone who promised to be with her forever. Someone who'd make sure she'd never be alone again.

Will that thing ever stop ringing, she thought, annoyed by the loud bell that refused to stop chiming. The annoying sound wasn't helping her with her nerves at all and she almost regret their decision to hold the ceremony in the town's church. But it was the wedding she'd dreamt of, and the old church was absolutely beautiful.

When it finally did stop, the all too famous wedding song started playing. The heavy oak doors swung open to reveal the hundreds of faces that were taking her in as she stepped forward.

Only one mattered to her, though. The one she was walking towards.

She was a whirlwind of white materials. Her veil covered most of what wasn't covered by the dress but she knew he could see.

The dress made her feel like a princess, it was long and sleek and clung to her body as if it was made for her. Which it was. But the way he looked at her strengthened that feeling even more. Her prince.

As she neared the altar she could spot the excitement on his face. Excitement at the prospect of taking her as his wife. Excitement, because they'd be spending the rest of their days together.

She could no longer see the people around them. To her, it was just him and her. And it would stay that way. She'd make sure of it.

There was no time for her to take in the beauty of the ceremony. The large hall filled with white roses, the beautiful little flower girls. The rays of sunshine that shone through the tinted glass and cast an otherworldy glow over it all. Her best friend, the maid of honor, in her beautiful violet dress. It was all lost on her as she was lost in him.

When she finally reached him he took her smaller hands in his large ones. "You look beautiful," he whispered to her.

"You're not supposed to see me," she whispered back through the translucent veil, causing him to chuckle.

After a few moments, the pastor started his speech. "We are gathered here today to join Sébastien Chastain and Ava Romero in holy matrimony."

She zoned out soon after that, lost in the eyes of the man that was to be her husband.

Husband. How'd they even end up like this? A question she'd asked herself a million times before, only this time she caught herself not caring.

The most important part was that they had, in fact, ended up like this. Together.

She snapped back to reality just in time for their vows. By the pulling of the corner of Sébastien's mouth, she knew he had noticed she'd zoned out.

"I, Sébastien Chastain, take thee, Ava Romero, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

The words made her heart burst with joy and she almost forgot the lines she was about to say. With a smile, she took her turn.

I, Ava Romero, take thee, Sébastien Chastain, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

To her astonishment, she didn't stumble over her words. And by the blinding smile she got in return told her the words had had the same effect on him. His large hand ever so slightly squeezed hers as if he desperately wanted to tell her something but settled for a small squeeze instead.

Finally, they'd reached the most important part of the ceremony. The words they'd been waiting for, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Sébastien's hands let go of her own and moved up to flip over the long veil to reveal her face. After a quick wink, he went to gently cup her face while he bent down to kiss her. It was short, but sweeter than any of their other kisses had ever been. It made her feel hot and made her face tingle all over but ended far too quickly for her liking.

But she understood they couldn't engage in a full makeout session in front of all these people. Well, they could, but she doubted any of the spectators would appreciate it.

"My beautiful wife," he whispered as the guests started clapping, causing a rumble to move through the large space.

"My handsome husband," she whispered back.

Forever, she thought. Till death do us part.

----------------The end----------------

That was it folks! Hope you've enjoyed this story, I certainly enjoyed writing it. Even though I never meant to write a second story, I'm glad I did and I'm proud of the way it turned out.

If you're sad it's over, try my other stories! One is already finished, Witness Protection, and one has just started; Love after Death. There also might be coming some bonus chapters to this story so don't remove it from your library just yet!

Please do tell me what you thought of this story, I love hearing your opinions and criticism makes make grow as a writer!

Big thanks to the people who've been with me since the early chapters of this story, you know who you are ;)

And of course everyone else as well, your comments motivate me to keep writing <3

That's all for now, hopefully I'll see you guys on one of my other stories!

Love you.

xx May