Drunk

(This chapter shows the same night but out of the perspectives of Link, Impa, and Revali!)

——

Link's POV

It's really hot and humid outside even though it's already night. Should have worn shorts instead of sweatpants.

I empty the bottle of vodka in the bucket, Ravioli adds juice and candy. A group of girls is watching us. It's not even that interesting to watch.

"I'll ask him," one of them says to the others and Ravioli instantly gives me an angry look.

"What?" I ask confused. I haven't even done anything and he's already pissed at me.

"Don't you dare lock yourself in your room all night. No longer will I be the second-choice informant to your desperate fans," he whispers over the bucket. "Any fan asking me or raving to me about you will receive a very descriptive list of every weird habit of yours."

"Chill, it's Kafei's bachelor party. I won't be in my room." At least not all night long.

I put the bottle of vodka down and Ravioli mixes the liquor with the gummies.

"Hey Link," the short girl is standing so close to me now. "Are you and Zelda--I mean--is it--are you--I mean I know you two are together but, I guess I was just wondering if... um..."

So uncomfortable. When she puts her hair behind her ear and gives me that shy face girls make to be cute, I take a step back and accidentally bump into someone behind me. A cup falls and hits the grass. That drink is gone. Good thing we're not indoors. Even though our carpet has seen worse.

I pick up the cup and want to apologize to the person behind me but it's Malice! She looks angry at first but then she turns her frown into a smile that I've never seen on her.

"Hey baby," she says before she grabs my hand and pulls me away from the other girls.

Did she just call me babe or did I hear that wrong? I try to understand what's going on while she pulls me around the corner of the house. It's dark and the music is quieter back here. Why did she drag me to where nobody can see us? This is so sketchy.

Without letting go of my arm she steps closer while looking at my lips. I hit my back against the wall behind me when I try to create some space between us. I don't know how to react to any of this! She's so close to me that I can literally smell the drugs on her.

"Do you remember me?" She asks.

Haven't heard that question in a while. I definitely remember her. Wasn't she the one who keyed Zelda's car? Either way, it's probably not the right time to bring that up. I just give her a nod.

"What about our past? You remember what we did?" Our past? What past is she talking about? "Remember the fun we had?" She licks her lips.

Oh god. Did we...? There's no way. I would remember it unless it happened shortly before the baseball game. And there's absolutely no way I'd do that, I was already dating Zelda at that time.

"Did the amnesia make you forget?" She is playing with me. Pretty sure. God, I hate not knowing if she's lying!

"Maybe this will make you remember," she puts her hand on my leg and slowly moves it up but I grab her wrist before she can do anything weird. She flinches. I quickly let go of her and give her a warning look.

"Don't be rude," she scoffs. "Last time you were into it."

"Last time?" I say annoyed.

„And the time before," she smirks.