3F

As the maid carries my luggage to the limousine, I go over all the things I need for the trip in my head. I hope I packed everything. I've never left home for a trip like this without parental guidance. But I think I'm all set.

I got clothing for any weather, chargers and adapter, three books of different genres, Terrako, my journal... and a bunch of things I don't necessarily need to bring but decided to pack anyway.

Father and I walk outside while the driver lifts the suitcase into the trunk.

"A bit fancy for a ride to the airport," Father comments on the car.

"It's part of Link's birthday gift," I explain. "I know it's over the top, but it's supposed to be."

"He will be thrilled."

I can sense the slight hint of dread in his voice. I'd like to think he's nervous about me taking on this journey, but I just can't help but think he's only annoyed that he can't control or spy on me for the next couple of weeks. He stopped tracking me when I moved out, I know that, I guess I'm just paranoid.

"Well... time to say goodbye," I shrug at the tall man.

Without a warning, he lays his arms around me for a tight hug. "Be careful, honey."

"I will," I rasp, unable to breathe in his firm grip. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he really does worry about me. I'm still getting used to that. Still trying to let go of the past...

"Call me when you get there."

My "Okay" comes out as a mere whisper.

He lets go of me and gives an unexpected peck to my head.

"Alright... You got everything?"

"Yes." I think so.

"Your passport?"

"Yes," I pat the small compartment on my backpack.

"Money?"

"Of course."

"An ID? Well I suppose your passport counts as one but did you bring your drivers license just in case?"

"I am bringing my wallet, so yes, all my credit cards and IDs are in there."

"What about medicine? Goodness... What if you get hurt?"

"I believe they have doctors in Japan," I remark sarcastically.

"I apologize. I'm being overprotective."

I counter his frown with a kind smile. "Don't apologize for caring."

"Okay. You should get going now..."

Is he getting emotional? I always thought I got my emotional side from Mother but maybe I was mistaken.

"Have a safe flight," he says as I get into the back of the vehicle.

"I can't really control that, but thank you."

"Call me when you land."

"Yes, Father." I roll my eyes at him just before the driver shuts the door.

He can't see my giant grin through the tinted glass. I love it when he cares and acts like a worried parent. I would rather be annoyed by an overprotective father than a stalking one.

On my way to the frat house, I text Link, just to make sure that he is done packing.

*Just finished!* he replies with a thumbs up. He can be a real procrastinator.

*I will be there in 20 minutes."

*Waiting outside* he says and sends me a waiting panda gif.

The ride feels more like 20 hours. I can hardly contain my excitement. When we finally get there, I spot Link before he spots us. He's sitting on his suitcase, slightly rolling back and forth on it while staring at his phone. I'm certainly glad that he seems to have all his limbs still attached and did not go on a murder mission last night. I hope the stuff about Karusa isn't standing between us anymore. He's blocked and we probably won't have to deal with it again. I hope.