Bad Person

Karusa's POV

"Who are you?" The owner of this place asks us in a paranoid tone. He's probably tripping on something.

I don't move. It might freak him out and make him shoot. I just stay calm and state the reason for our visit.

"I'm here to pick up the acid," I tell him in a calm voice.

"You with the feds? Huh?" he interrogates us.

I shake my head but he's not convinced. He points the gun at Malice and threatens to shoot her!

Big fucking mistake, dude! I'd love to kick his ass but I'm unarmed so that's not smart.

I position myself between the gun and Malice to give her some kind of protection. Although... I don't think my body could actually stop a goddamn bullet if this bastard decides to shoot us.

"We're no cops," I tell the guy.

But instead of believing us, the fucker places the muzzle of the pistol against my forehead. The cold, heavy metal gives me chills but I don't move.

It's weird... I'm a little freaked out on the inside but at the same time, I'm pretty calm about the whole thing, like I'm cool with this being the end or something. I'm probably just high. It's like a mix of fear and acceptance, and that's freaking me out even more.

"Can we just get the drugs?" I say annoyed. "We just want some acid and then we'll leave."

"For real?" The guy looks at both of us, then he suddenly lets out an ugly laugh and finally lowers the damn gun. "I got you, my dude. Follow me."

When he goes back inside, I take a breath and shake my head in annoyance. What a fucking moron. I check with Malice to see if she's okay. She looks a bit startled but doesn't stop me from entering the house so we follow the guy to the living room.

We get to a dim-lit living room without any furniture other than some couches and a TV with a brocken screen and a fireplace filled with crushed beer cans. Home sweet home.

"Take a seat," the host points his gun at one of the sofas.

I take a look around while the man gets us the acid. There are three other guys and a couple of girls in the room. One of the girls is shirtless and smiles at me when we take a seat across from her on the sofa. Malice scoots closer, holding on to my arm.

"I don't want to stay," she whispers to me.

"I know. Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you."

I'm not really eager to stay either but we do have to wait for the guy to give us the stuff.

We hear a knock on the front door. The host hears it too and leaves the room to answer it. Whoever knocked on the door is not getting the heartfelt gun-to-the-head welcome treatment that we got, because it only takes a few seconds for the host to return to the living room while having a friendly conversation with another visitor.

As they return to the living room their voices echo becomes clearer and I catch what the new customer says to the host. "Sometimes, but mostly I play by myself." He looks like a gay parrot with all his stupid tattoos. It almost makes me laugh out loud.

Malice doesn't seem as cheerful. She instantly tensed up and hides behind my body again. I don't feel scared at all, just impatient. We got here first so we should be served first.

"I play an instrument too, look!" The host laughs and shows Zazu a guitar case filled with guns. When he looks at me for a reaction, I give him a fake smile and nod. "Oh shit, I almost forgot about you guys," he laughs and finally hands me the bag with the acid. About fucking time.