You matter

Tyler was sitting at the park, smiling at the children playing there. A little girl fell down quite harshly while running. He picked up the girl and hugged her quickly.

"You ok sweetie?",he asked concerned. The little girl cried while rubbing her eyes and nodded. He wiped the tears and blew her knees where there are some scratches. Her mom came and thanked him. She scooped up her daughter and consoled her.

Tyler sighed softly and began to walk home. On the way, his eyes landed on a store named Women's style. He badly wanted to go in there. He badly wanted to try those clothes and accessories. But he knew he can't, for atleast now.

He went in the house and saw his parents having their evening tea. "Honey, come here. Have some tea",his mother called him. He obeyed and sat with their parents.

"How was school, Tyler?",his dad asked."Good, dad",he replied quietly. "Where's Dave?",he asked looking around the house. "Still at work",his mom replied.

They chatted for a while. Tyler saw how happy his parents was with their little family, they created.

He smiled and went to his room. He took a shower and laid on the bed. He closed his eyes and tears starting flowing out.

He couldn't understand what's happening to him. For the past 4 months, he started feeling...... feminine.....He didn't like the body he currently has. He couldn't accept himself.

He didn't knew if this feeling was right. He couldn't figure out what exactly he want. The only thing he knew was he was not masculine, not at all.

These thoughts were killing him, day by day. He really wanted to open up to someone, but he didn't have the courage. He slowly started self harming, due to pressure of his emotions.He cried himself to sleep.

David came home, exhausted from his work. He went directly to his room. He quickly tool a shower and went to meet his brother.

He was quite busy recently and couldn't have time for his brother. He was really worried about him. He could feel something was definitely not right. He noticed how distanced his brother was.

He went in his room and saw him sleeping. He slowly sat beside him and ran a hand through his hair. He smiled softly. But that smile turned into a frown, when he saw the tear stains on his brother's cheeks.

His heart skipped a beat, when he saw the marks on his wrist. The marks of self harming. He really didn't want to wake him up, but he had no choice.

"Tyler, Tyler , wake up buddy", he said as he shook him a little. Tyler slowly opened his eyes and saw his brother.

"Dave", he mumbled softly. He sat up slowly. David softly patted his back.

"What's wrong,bud?",he asked gently. Tyler frowned a bit, not understanding anything. "Huh?",he asked confused.

David hold his wrist and asked,"What's all these? Anything bothering you, bud?",he asked softly.

Tyler widened his eyes. He was taken aback. He didn't open his mouth. He didn't knew what to tell. He didn't knew what to feel. He was feeling lost.

But this was his chance. He couldn't miss it.

"D-da-avv-e", he stuttered out. "Shh, relax. You are fine. Just calm down, buddy. Tell me when you are ready. Iill wait patiently, hmm?",he said smiling.

Tyler couldn't control himself and broke down into tears. He threw himself on his brother and sobbed his life out. David wrapped his arms around him and patted his back slowly.

He waited till he calmed down. Tyler told him everything he was feeling. He told him everything happening within him. David patiently listened to his brother.

He was definitely not expecting this. He was not at all seeing this coming. But he was more concerned about his brother. He was feeling sorry, for the poor soul, for the confusion he felt all the while.

"I'm scared Dave", Tyler breathed out.
"Don't be", David said smiling softly.

"You shouldn't be scared to realize who you are", said David looking in his brother's eyes.

"I know Tyler, this feeling is uncommon,but not unnatural. I'm happy for you coming out to me, I really am", David said. Tyler was listening everything.

"You know Tyler, when I was a child I always wanted a sister.I got a best brother, instead. But it turns out that I'm going to have a baby sister", he said smiling with tears in his eyes.

Tyler couldn't believe his ears. His brother accepted him, the way he was. He hugged his brother tight feeling grateful.

Things didn't turned out good with their parents. They refused to accept Tyler. David had enough of their shit, and moved out with Tyler. He bought a big mansion, far away from their native.

Tyler had his, now you could say her, body according to her liking. She could wear the dresses she liked, she could wear the accessories she liked. There was no one to stop her.

David tried his best to fulfill all her wishes. It was the graduation ceremony of Tyler. She scored the number 1 rank in the whole state, and made her brother proud.

David was standing there clapping his hands aggressively, not caring about the looks he was getting. He was extremely proud of her.

"I would like to thank my hero, my mother, my father, my everything, my brother David for giving me this wonderful life", Tyler said in her speech with tears rolling down her cheeks.

David wiped his glistening eyes and stood up to clap when a roar of claps echoed in the venue.

Tyler came down the stage and directly threw herself on her brother. "Thanks Dave, I mean it", she said crying.

"No need baby, You matter to me the most. That's all matters", he said kissing her temple.

Their blood parents might given birth to Tyler, but David gave her another life, for her true self.