Achoo

"Nora, little one,come here", Valentino called out for his sister, who was playing in the garden. She came running with a wide smile on her face.

"Yes, Tino?", she asked. "I'm leaving now. Eat your meals properly. Don't play outside too much. Take a nap in the afternoon. Alright?",he asked her.

"What?I couldn't understand you",she said bringing her ear closer to him. He fake glared at her. She giggled and kissed his cheek, wrapping her arms around his neck.

She kept clinging on to him and said,"Tino, don't worry. I'll be fine till you return in the evening".

He nodded and patted her head, softly smiling at her. He kissed her forehead and hugged her, squeezing her. Both the siblings loved physical affection.

"Bye, Tino",she waved at her brother.Her school declared holidays for a week, due to some renovation works.

She sighed softly and went back to the garden. She did everything like her brother told her. She woke up from her nap feeling refreshed.

Her eyes widened in joy, when she saw it was raining outside. Her brother was not here. What a perfect timing!

She will play for sometime in the rain and will come back. No one will know anything right?

She sprinted happily to the garden and started jumping and dancing in the rain. She was feeling excited by the droplets falling on her.

She didn't knew hours had passed. Valentino returned home only to find his sister in the rain. He immediately went to her and dragged her inside.

"What were you thinking, Eleonora? What if you fall such, huh? Didn't I said you to be a good girl? Can't you atleast listen to me for a single time?",he shouted at her in frustration.

"I'm sorry,Tino", Eleonora mumbled while looking down. He cooled off a bit and gently cupped her face. His heart ached seeing tears flowing down her cheeks.

She suddenly started crying loudly. That's when he realized, all the shit will go down. She had slipped into little space.

"Sow-wy Te-eno. N-nori bad. Sowwyy", she cried loudly. He sighed feeling bad, when clearly it was her fault.

"It's ok baby. Nori is not bad. She's just a kid", he said smiling. "Now, come, take a warm shower", he said seeing her with alertness.

As soon as she heard the word shower, she began to run , but he catched her. "Where are you going, little missy? Do you want to be a bad girl, huh?",he asked sternly.

She shook her head slowly. "Now, come", he lifted her in his arms not caring about his suit getting wet.

She was standing on the bathroom with her soaking wet clothes. She was looking at her brother with her doe eyes.He was filling the bathtub with warm water. He added bubble bombs, when he heard "Achoooo".

He sighed knowing that she was already sick. "Teeno, icky", she said coming forward hoping some comfort. He hugged her and said,"Now take a bath. You'll feel better. Hmm? ", he asked softly.

"Ach-achoo"

He went outside hoping she would take a bath. She walked out in a towel not even a minute later. He glared at her knowing she didn't even took a bath.

"Fooling around,eh?",he said as he pulled her inside.

"Achooo"

He unwrapped her towel and sat her inside the bathtub. He poured the warm water over her head and washed her hairs.

"Achooo"

She was playing with the bubble, seeing no way out. She picked up a handful of foams and dumped it on his head and giggled cutely. He sat there questioning his life choices.

He shook his head and brought her out. He wrapped her body with a dry towel and blow dried her hair. He made her wear some warm yet comfortable clothes. He grabbed a new box of tissues and wiped her nose.

He made her watch the television, putting the favourite show of little Nora. In the meantime, he prepared a healthy soup for the sick girl.

"Achooo"

With lot of struggles he managed to feed her, bearing her tantrums and cries. Her temperature was getting high, so he gave her the medicines. If the temperature does not go down by the morning, she would need a shot.

As expected she was having fever in the morning. He called their private family doctor Ms.Reese to give her a shot.

Ms.Reese came around at 8'o clock. Valentino was trying hard to comfort his sister's tantrums. "It'll be fine baby. Just give it a day", he said carrying her in his arms. She was sniffing in his neck.

Ms.Reese smiled at the siblings and approached the siblings."Finally! please give her a shot Ms.Reese", Valentino said as he sat on the couch with his sister on his lap.

"Oh, the poor thing", Ms.Reese cooed as she began taking out the necessary kit. As soon as Nora saw needles, she began to cry loudly, thrashing in her brother's hold. Valentino held her tightly in her place.

Ms.Reese quickly lowered her bottoms and gave her the shot. Nora began crying more, damaging the poor boy's ear.

He gently rubbed her bum, as instructed by the doctor. "Hey Nora, see what have I brought you?" , Ms.Reese called out.

Eleonora slowly turned her head only to smile with joy on seeing a plushy toy. She made grabby hands and Ms.Reese gave the toy to her.

"Thanks Reese",said Valentino. "Anything for this cutie",she said as she pinched her cheeks. "You can follow the regular medication. I'll take my leave now",she said as she packed up her bag.

"Say hi to Mr.Reese",he said referring to her husband. "Sure thing",she said as she left. He sighed and look at the girl playing in his arms.

"Come on baby, let's feed this little stomach",he said as he tickled her stomach causing her to let out a string of giggles.

It's been a day and Nora's fever went down. She was back to normal on the same day. Valentino was taking an afternoon nap due to the tiredness.

Poor him. His sister was drawing in his beautiful face to make him more beautiful. She giggled silently after finishing her masterpiece.

She slowly crept away and waited till he woke up. He stirred slowly and woke up rubbing his eyes. He saw that Nora was writing something peacefully,so he just went to the washroom to fresh up.

After a few minutes, she heard, "ELEONORA D'CRUZ". She giggled and ran away while her brother chased after her.