All I need- Part 2

"No, Lexi!, I need you, right now!", Maximus screamed as tears flowed down his cheeks.

It's been a day Lexi was taken.

When he reached home, excited to spend time with his sister, he was greeted by a note saying

Your sister is safe with us. Or maybe not.

    By,
Your parent's killer.

Since then Maximus was going livid. He didn't want anything bad to happen to Lexi.

"Sir, we have found the location", the head of technician team informed him.

"Well,well,the Maximus Ivanov, it took you three years to find me, huh?", Julian said as he laughed sarcastically.

"Where is my sister?", Maximus asked through gritted teeth.

"Right here in this building, Maxi boy", Julian said.

Maximus received a particular signal.

An bullet piereced his head.

That's it.

Maximus avenged his parents death.

The cat and mouse game is over now.

His team has already found Lexi.

Maximus hurried off to the location to see his baby sister on the dirty floor with dirt covering her clothes, face and body.

His treasure is lying in the floor like a trash.

She was sedated.She had not been fed the whole time.Lucky is that no one never laid a hand on her.

If that ever happened Maximus would make sure that Julian's corpse would have suffered.

Maximus hugged his sister tightly, as he let his emotions take over him. Only he knows, how scared he was the whole time.

He picked her up in his arms and rushed to the hospital.

"No fears, Mr.Ivanov. She was drugged with a medium dose. We have already given her body, some nutrients through saline. She should wake up within 5 hours ", the doctor said as he patted Maximus' back.

He went inside the room to see his sister lying on the bed with saline connected to her hand.

He sat beside her and thought deeply.

He avenged his parent's death. There's nothing that holds him to the Mafia.

Lexi is just three years old. She has a long journey ahead of her. Maximus can't live with fears and chances of her getting hurt through this mafia shit.

So he decided the best thing for her.

He will quit the Mafia.

"Maxi", came a small and timid voice. Maximus looked at his sister to see, she was waking up.

"Lexi, baby, wait", he said as he rushed out to call the doctor.

"She's fine now Mr.Ivanov. You can take her home", the doctor said and left the room.

Maximus sat near his sister and pulled her on his lap. He let his tears fall again. He wiped his tears and smiled at her.

"Sleepy, Maxi", she said as she laid on him. He chuckled and picked her up.

They soon reached home and Lexi was already in the verge of sleep. He decided to take a shower first. He sat her on his bed and removed her clothes.

He showered for himself and cleaned her. She was so quiet, because of tiredness.

He fed her a light soup, as she can't have solid foods immediately.

He laid on the bed, with his sister on top of him. He kissed her forehead and said,"I promise you Lexi. You'll have the best life".

2 years later:

"Baby Lexi, come on, we are late", Maximus rushed his sister.

"Sorry, Maxi", she said as she packed her books scattered around the room.

"Now, let's go", he said as he picked her in his one hand and her school bag in another.

He drive the car to the kindergarten and both the siblings went to the building.

"Good morning Mr.Ivanov", the whole class cheered including Lexi.

"Good morning, children", Maximus said as he adjusted his glasses.

"Let's see about flowers today", he said as he opened the chart.

"So, what do you guys know about flowers?",he asked as he looked around the classroom.

"Me"

"Me"

"Me"

"Me"
Many students raised their hands. Maximus smiled as he listened to them one by one.

Although he has the academic quality to be a professor, he chose to advance his teaching career along Lexi's education.
It's been 2 years he left the Mafia, but he will not hesitate to use his power, if something happens to Lexi.

"Sweet heart, come it's shower time", Maximus said as he picked up his sister who just finished playing with her stuffies.

"Yay! Strawberry please", she said as she kissed his cheeks.

"Ofcourse, anything my baby wishes", he said and returned the gesture.

"No", Lexi said sternly as she looked at the other side.

"At least, wear the underwear baby", Maximus said at the pouting girl.

"No, no, I won't wear anything. It's just you and me, Maxi", she said screaming.

Maximus huffed defeated.

Sometimes she is stubborn and a little bit weird. Raising a child is difficult than running a mafia.

"Ok,ok, come let's sleep", he said as he laid her on the bed.

He laid beside her and she climbed on top of him.

He  was about to pull the blanket up but she said,"No balnky".

"Arghh", he huffed annoyed.Luckily, it was summer.

"I love you, baby Lexi", he said as he kissed her forehead.

"I love you, Maxi", she said and giggled as she kissed his cheeks.