A brother - part 1

*Trigger warning*

Ares was busy going through the files for the next meeting, when the ringing of his phone interrupted him. He sighed in annoyance as he accepted the call from an unknown number.

"Am I speaking to Ares Knight?",the male voice asked. "Yes. You are?",he replied.

"I'm officer Jeff, from Orlando. Uh, we have a girl named Eliana Crux with us.
By the looks of it,um , she's your half sister",said Officer Jeff. Ares was frozen and his heart was leaping with joy, but his mind said the other thing.

"My parents don't have a child beside me", Ares said. "Your father name is Alexander Knight, right?", Officer Jeff asked.

"Yes", he replied. "Then I'm speaking to the right person Mr.Knight. We could send you the DNA test for proof", Officer Jeff said.

"Send them", he said. After confirmation, Ares said,"I'm coming to get her" and hang up the call.

He did a little happy dance around his cabin but when the knock is heard on the door, he sat stiff on his seat.

"Come in", he said. His secretary entered in. "Cancel all the meetings and manage the company for three days", he said as he left his cabin.

He was getting a sister, as he always wished. For the first time in life, he thanked the God. He can't wait to spoil her.

He made a list of what to buy for her her clothes, rings, chains, perfume, makeup, earrings, shoes, sneakers, dresses, food, stationary, paintings, mobile phones, video games, karaoke set, tv, board games, food, ice cream, chocolates, pastries, milkshakes,...... Everything. Anything.

She was 17 years old. Turning 18 in two months. Hence according to law, she needs a guardian.

He will give her hugs every day. The hugs which makes him fresh after the tiring day. The hugs which will be his comfort.

He will kiss her everyday. The kisses which tell him, there is someone to love you. The kisses which tell him he is not alone anymore.

He will talk with her everyday. The talks that can heal his wounds. The talks that can he finally share with someone.

Finally, he has someone for him. He has his sister for him.

But why didn't he knew about her? Because she was a result of one night stand of his father when he was wasted.

But Ares didn't care. Whoever she was, she already took a place in his heart.

The ride to Orlando took 2 hours. He reached his destination which was a police department. Officer Jeff was waiting for him.

Jeff took him to the custody cell. The words he heard broke Ares heart. All his dreams shattered down.

"I don't want a brother", the girl cried hopelessly. The social worker, Mary, looked annoyed but concerned.

Jeff called Mary outside. They both filled in about the girl's condition.

She was found during a police raid. Her step brother, Luke, 34 years old, was arrested for illegal activities. Their parents were dead 12 years ago.

And about her. She was a strange kid. She didn't even talk to anyone. But when she was informed about the arrival of her brother, she keeps repeating the same thing 'I don't want a brother'.

Ares was confused but decided to confront her.

He signed in all the documents. He entered in her room. She was looking at him with emotionless eyes. He crouched down infront of her.