17.

Tomorrow came and Ching is now holding the folder that has Kali's information.

"This is it?" He asked his henchman.

"Yes, boss. That's all we got," the man answered.

"Are you sure this is it?" Ching asked his henchman again

"Yes, boss," the man answered.

Ching sighed and dismissed him.

"Nightwish Empire, huh? I see you are a bigger fish than Stark," he said grinning.

"I will meet you soon, Kalina,"

***

//1 week after//

"Do you think the serum is effective? He's still not waking up," CC asked.

They are now on the 3rd day of the higher dosage of the serum. The smaller dose among the three shows slow progress.

"We will find out soon. If this dosage is the right one, we can monitor the heart and see how long Kith needs to take it until the heart is completely functioning well on its own," Kali answered while injecting the serum.

"Will he wake up today?" Bhoi asked.

"Why? Missed me already?" Kith's voice startled them.

"Kith!" They all exclaimed.

"Au, my ears," he whined.

"How are you?" Bhoi asked.

"Are you hurt somewhere?" CC asked.

Kith shook his head. Kali is just watching. Kith looked her way and raised his hand for her to hold.

Kali reached for it and Kith made her sit on the bed. Then he looked at CC who understand what he wanted and dragged Bhoi out of the room.

"Babe, look at me," he said when they are left alone.

Kali did as told. "What's wrong, hm?" Kith asked.

"Sorry," Kali said.

Kith knew why. "Come, lie down with me,"

They are now cuddling on the bed.

"Why are you sorry? It's not your fault. Those people are my enemies even before. What happened was not your fault," Kith said.

"But still, if I came back earlier or if I didn't leave you there all alone, this will never happen," Kali answered.

"Babe, there are things that we can't control," said, Kith.

"But can be prevented," she said.

"Not everything, babe," Kith argued

"But-

"You're not gonna back down, aren't you?" Kith cuts her smiling.

Kali pouts. "It's the truth though,"