25.

It's the day of Kith's bachelor's party and Bhoi is much more excited than his brother who is sporting an unreadable expression. They can't figure out if he is nervous or what. But there is one thing that they can sense and it's their brother's aura. His aura is screaming like there is something that's about to happen.

"Everything is set, brother," Bhoi said grinning.

"Good, because I don't want any mistakes," Kith said with authority and left.

His brothers looked at each other, confused.

"Why does he sound like...

"Hades," they all uttered.

That's right. That's how Kith was whenever they are in their 'gang' mode.

"Do you think something happened?" Zy asked.

"Possible. Or he is just nervous? Kali is quite scary when angry," Bhoi said remembering an incident before. It was the time when Kali learned the truth. They got a glimpse of how she is in that manner. But Zed told them that it was just like the tip of the iceberg.

Bhoi shivered just thinking about the possibilities. Zy shook his head, "Let's go," he said pushing his brother towards the door. Jer just followed them.

***

On the ladies' part, they are relaxed. Kali's demeanor is like usual. They are currently on their way to the venue for Kali's bridal shower.

CC felt a nudge from Leng. The latter pointed at Kali using her head.

CC sighs, "We're going to celebrate, K. We're not heading to a funeral," she said.

Kali just glanced at her and smiled thinly before looking out the window again.

The ladies shared a glance before shrugging. Ellie is already at the venue as she is in charge of everything.

When they arrived, Kali smiled seeing the decoration. It was simple and it has her initial at the center. It was made out of Sunflowers.

"She finally smiled," CC teased

"So, let's get the party started, shall we?" Leng asked with a bottle of Champagne in her hands.

After an hour, Miya felt weird. "What's wrong?" Leng asked her.

Miya frowned, "Is it me or-

"Shit, I'm dizzy," CC said cutting Miya's words.

Miya pointed at her, "Exactly! It was just an hour and our first bottle is not yet finished. Why-

"Fuck!" Leng cursed feeling it too.

"It's impossible to get- Hey!" CC exclaimed when Kali stands up and stumbled.

Then they all turned towards the door when they heard a knock. Their faces hardened. They are not expecting anyone.