chapter two.

(Y/n) could barely sleep that night.

The idea just kept running through her mind. She hadn't even realized that she barely got a wink of sleep that night until her alarm went off the next morning. It was such a shame that she had actually remembered to set it that night, but it also meant that for the first time in a while she'd wake up with Dazai right next to her.

She turned over, mocking a yawn as she said, "Good morning, Osa—" She cut herself off as she realized that he was not lying beside her.

(Y/n) immediately snapped into in upright position, looking around for her fiancé or even a note to let her know that he had already left that morning. She was doubtful that he had as it was too early for even him to be up and about.

She let out a sigh of relief as she heard a toilet flush and the sound of the sink faucet, a slight hum emitting from the bathroom.

She pulled herself from the cot, running a hand through her tangled hair as she made her way to the closet. She pulled out a black pleated skirt that stopped about an inch above her knees along with a black long sleeve that was slightly cropped. She changed out of her pajamas and into the attire, managing to zip up her skirt just as Dazai re-entered the room.

"Aw," he whined as he saw her, "did I miss all of it?"

"No," (Y/n) replied as she kneeled down, grabbing a pair of black socks and boots that went to her mid-calf. "You can watch me put on my socks and shoes."

"Hmph." He sunk onto the cot, pressing his chin against his hands as he leaned towards her. "Not as fun as the rest but I'll take it."

She let out a short chuckle, feeling her cheeks flush slightly. She pulled on her socks as she asked, "Have you thought about my idea? Do you think it would work?"

"I think it'd be perfect," Dazai replied, still watching her finish dressing. "I think everyone in the agency would attend even with these circumstances. The only one who would probably object to it is Kunikida – and that's because it wouldn't be as fun to plan for him."

"Yeah." (Y/n) paused. "That's why."

Dazai furrowed his brows, noticing her slight change in tone. He was prepared to ask why, but he found himself distracted as (Y/n) lifted her leg slightly to pull on her boots. Her skirt began to slide upward, revealing more and more of her upper thigh with every second.

He'd ask later.

The agency began their walk to the café as they did every morning – prepared to relax in its convenience and coziness as they always did

The agency began their walk to the café as they did every morning – prepared to relax in its convenience and coziness as they always did. Dazai and Atsushi led the way, with the rest of the agency in close tow.

They froze as they opened the door, the bell which would prompt happiness becoming haunting as they looked upon the broken area of the café. Atsushi quietly asked, "What happened here?"