chapter three.

(Y/n) laid back on the cot, staring up at the ceiling as she let out a heavy sigh. She pulled her wrist back, staring at her practically untouched skin as memories of the pain came back to her.

Stating that it was confusing would've been the understatement of the year. Yet, she was still going to say it.

"So your ability will bring you back from the dead and yet you still have wrist pain when you use it for anything else?" Dazai questioned, walking back from the bathroom. "Kind of counterproductive, don't you think?"

"Yeah." She let her wrist fall back onto her forehead. "Quite counterproductive."

(Y/n) could hear Dazai walking around the room, but she kept her head down. She let her arm slide down to cover her eyes. She shook her head slightly.

"Have you called Hinami? Told her that you finally decided on a day to go wedding dress shopping?" Dazai's voice grew louder and quieter as he kept turning away and shuffling around the apartment.

"I called her as soon as we got back from dealing with those dirtbags," (Y/n) replied. "I'm thinking about asking Akiko and Ranpo to come along."

Sure, it was a little odd to have Ranpo come along. But who better to have help out pick out wedding attire than one of the greatest detectives and smartest people possibly in the world? Besides, she generally enjoyed his company.

"I should be questioning why you'd bring Ranpo along but I believe I already know the answer to that."

"Of course you do." (Y/n) pulled her arm off her eyes and sat up, pushing back stray pieces of her hair. "I'm going to have an affair with him in the dressing room of the shop. You'll never see it coming, Osamu."

Dazai popped out from behind one of the counters in the nearby kitchen. Mocking shock fell over his expression as he pressed a hand to his semi-bare chest. She hadn't even realized that he'd kept his dress shirt unbuttoned. They were getting a little steamy before he realized that he really, really needed to pee.

It was strange – he'd never had that problem before. Or he could've and she just was too into the moment to really take notice; the same went for him.

"You wound me, (Y/n)." He walked over, taking his shirt off the rest of the way and throwing it onto the ground before he knelt down in front of her. "I guess I'll just have to take my revenge on you for having those dirty thoughts."

"And that's why you're not coming along." She leaned towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You'd actually come into the dressing room with me."

"I have to make sure that you're pulling down those zippers properly."

Their lips drew close, his surprisingly nice scent filling her nostrils. Their lips brushed ever so slightly against one another. (Y/n) whispered, "That's why I'm bringing Ranpo."

Dazai grabbed her wrists and pushed her down onto the cot in a split second, pinning her down underneath him. She let out a gasp as her head gently, yet abruptly, hit the pillow. She soon realized what happened as she stared up at him.

"This is new," she breathed, her chest raising up and down. "I like it."

Dazai lowered himself without responding, crashing his lips against hers. She could feel his tongue press against her lips and then her own, fighting against one another. He readjusted his grip, switching so that he had both her wrists in one hand as he lowered the other down her.

His fingers trailed down her arm, against her shoulder, slowly and hesitantly down the center of her chest, and ended at the bottom of her shirt. He began to slowly raise it up, sliding his hand underneath.