chapter five.

(Y/n) couldn't even begin to describe how exhausted she was the next morning.

She rubbed her face, pressing against her eyelids as she tried to keep herself awake. She was practically falling asleep at her desk, her head bobbing downward before jerking back up again.

Before work that morning, Dazai helped her back to their apartment to change into some clothes for the actual day. She'd changed into a black turtleneck with a green and blue skirt, paired with black knee-highs and ankle boots. It was comfortable enough for work but not enough to fall asleep in... or so she thought.

Dazai actually suggested that she just take the day off to sleep and then still go out that afternoon to go wedding dress shopping. (Y/n) shot that down quite fast, claiming that she'd be fine and she'd just get a coffee before actually going to the Agency.

She only remembered that last part after going into a half-dream state while at her desk.

She looked around the room, looking over to Ranpo as the crunch of his chips filled the room. Normally it'd be mixed with Kunikida's typing but he was out at the moment, doing god knows what. He'd managed to drag Dazai along with him.

She'd, of course, have to thank Kunikida later for staying at her side. She just couldn't stop thinking about how she found him when she woke up.

(Y/n) looked down at her hand, pressing her fingertips against her palm. She snapped out of her thoughts as she heard Ranpo's chip bag crumble, dropping onto his desk before he pulled out a bag of gummy worms and opened it.

She looked up from her desk, straightening her posture. "Hey Ranpo," she began, "I was wondering if you were doing anything this afterno—"

"If you're asking me to go with you for wedding dress shopping, you should already know the answer." He threw a gummy worm into his mouth, chewing it before finishing the statement. "It's obviously a yes."

(Y/n) couldn't hide her smile. Ranpo continued, "I already told Dr. Yosano that you'd ask her and I and she told me that it would be a yes from her, too."

Well that just killed two birds with one stone, she thought, relaxing into her chair.

"All we need is the time," he finished, throwing another gummy worm into his mouth.

"Wonderful."

(Y/n) stared at herself in the mirror

(Y/n) stared at herself in the mirror. She wasn't quite sure whether it was the dress or just how it fit on her – whatever it was, it just wasn't working out for her.

The skirt was just too long for her taste, the sleeves fit weirdly on her, and the neckline was worse than a balding man's hairline. She just couldn't find a pose that made it look attractive on her in any shape or form.

She grabbed the front of the skirt and waddled out of the dressing room and into the main area of the wedding dress shop. She pushed through the curtain, Hinami, Yosano, and Ranpo all sitting and waiting for her.