chapter eleven.

(Y/n) almost couldn't believe her ears.

Sure, she knew that Aimi had escaped at some point but she had no idea that she'd been on the run for so long. She could've been killed much earlier... or worse...

"Why did they not inform us sooner?" the President demanded. "They are fully aware of what she has done and how dangerous she is."

"I asked the same thing," Kunikida answered. "They said they were trying to keep it as quiet as possible. People were only told on a need-to-know basis. I told them we needed to know."

Now the debate as to how they would best protect (Y/n) and Hinami became more dire. They needed to come up with a plan right now. Ranpo thought for a moment, slowly pulling his hand out of the chip bag he was snacking from and rolled it closed.

He suddenly crumpled the chip bag between his palms, instantly gaining the attention of the entire room. Ranpo asked, "Do you remember that cabin that was built far in the countryside as a safe house?"

"Yes." The President replied. He looked back to (Y/n). "Yes I do."

Junichiro and Kenji stood outside of (Y/n) and Dazai's apartment while Atsushi and Kyoka patrolled the surrounding area

Junichiro and Kenji stood outside of (Y/n) and Dazai's apartment while Atsushi and Kyoka patrolled the surrounding area. Dazai grabbed various bags and items, assisting as much as he could with (Y/n) as she continued to pack.

At this point she'd changed into a pair of jeans with a black t-shirt paired with a midnight blue overcoat, something simple yet comfortable. She'd placed many similar clothing items into her bags. She barely said a word to Dazai throughout the entire packing process.

Dazai looked towards the closed door, wondering then stating to himself that the others would have no idea what they discussed while packing. As he turned back towards (Y/n), something reflected a shard of sunlight right into his eyes, causing him to turn away just as fast.

Once he recovered, he turned to find that what had briefly blinded him was her engagement ring. It still stood proud on her finger, right where it should be.

"You're still wearing the ring," he stated, grabbing a towel and handing it to her.

"We're still engaged, aren't we?"

For some reason, that gave him more relief than it should've.

"We are indeed." He placed down a couple pairs of socks next to her bag, holding them down as he thought for a moment. "I'm sorry to have betrayed your trust like that, (Y/n). I shouldn't have gone behind your back like that."

"No, you shouldn't have." She didn't face him as she responded.

"I was just concerned that you weren't telling the full truth."

"That's not an excuse."

"I wasn't trying to make it one."

"Good, because it would've been a lousy attempt." She stepped out of his sight, into the bathroom to grab some more of her toiletries.