Randall x Little Sister Reader pt. 2

Ten years have passed. Now it's 2022. You're nineteen years old now. Still to this day, you have not spoken a word since your brother had been missing. Or from what you know. But still. Not a sound of your voice has been let out since. It's been a decade. 

You went throughout your entire adolescence without speaking a word. Not even a laugh. Just a smile. And you were nine years old when you stopped speaking. So, you actually went the majority of your life, silent. Your parents had no choice but to home school you. But soon, you were about to get a job and you'll be in for a surprise when you find out who works where you'll be working.

You're still living with your parents at the moment due to you not speaking. If it hadn't been for that, you'd be out on your own by now. Your own apartment. You're very intelligent, but just... still non-verbal at the moment. But you still needed some guidance with you being silent for so long.

Right now, you're up in your room. You've got a plush toy in your hand. It's one Randy sent to you before he was dubbed missing. It's a plush toy of a bear with five eyes and two antennas on its head. Normal in the monster world. You haven't let it go since. You'd have the bear on you, everywhere you went. 

You almost forgot it at a restaurant at one point and you panicked. No sound out of you, but your mom and dad could tell something was wrong. The restaurant called and reminded them that you left your bear behind. They went and got it for you. You were happy. That was the last thing sent to you by Randy. You named it Icarus. You wrote it on paper since you stopped speaking for years.

You're on your laptop, talking to Vicky via messenger. It was better for you since you don't speak. You type, "Guess what." You send it. Vicky says, "What's up, girl?" "I'm getting a job soon." "Oh sweet. Where at?" "Monsters Incorporated." "No way. Monster Inc?" "Yes way. They're fully aware of me not speaking, too. But I got the job." "Awesome, girl. I'm proud of you." "Thanks, Vicky. I look forward to this. I was told that when you scare human children, you don't need to speak. So that's a plus." "Right? Remember Slender Human?" "Ha ha. Yeah. We used to play that all the time."

You sit back in your chair. You get this from Vicky, "I have to tell you, girl... I wish you would speak again. I'm curious to hear how you would sound now." "Yeah. I know. But I'm so used to being silent. I don't know if I can actually speak, now. I've been quiet for most of my life." "Yeah. I know. I'm fully aware of why." "Randy and I were very close siblings. He was everything to me." "Hey. What if he's one of the employees at Monsters Inc?" "He won't be. He's gone, Vicky. He's not coming back." "I'm sorry, (Y/N)." "It's okay. But I just really want him back." You and Vicky continue talking.

(Time skip.)

The next day, you're on your way to Monsters Inc. Your dad is driving you there. Your mom's up front. Your mom says, "(Y/N) honey. You've got the biggest surprise of your life once we get you to work." 

You have a writing board with you and an expo marker. You write something down. You put it up to the front seat to show her. She takes it and it says, "I get to be on the scare floor?" She says, "Well, there's someone that works on the scare floor that you'll want to see. So, you're not far off, honey." You nod.

You get to the company and you look out at the large building. You smile. Your dad says, "You seem like you're already interested, (Y/N)." You nod. Your dad parks in a spot closer to the building and you all get out of the car. You've got the writing board and marker with you to communicate with others.

You walk towards the building and you get to the doors. You see other monsters going in there. Two look over and the first guy tells his friend, "Dude. Those three look like they're related to Randall Boggs."