A Monsters Inc One Shot Special pt. 4

Mike and Celia make it to the bad side of Monstropolis and they get to a building. It's the bowling alley over on that side. Right above it is your dad's apartment. Mike parks right outside and he looks up at the windows to Randall's place. 

He sighs and says, "He we go." Celia says, "He better have a good explanation for the choice he made. He's not getting (Y/N) back until he has a talk with HER and she accepts him back in her life." 

Mike says, "Good luck with that. She already hates him. She hasn't spoken to her dad in seven years." Celia says, "That's how angry she is with him. For his choice to choose another over her." Mike says, "Couldn't blame her." Celia looks at him.

Mike says, "Poor kid went down a dark path because of it. I'd say like father, like daughter in that scenario... but I care very much about (Y/N)." Celia says, "So do I, Mike. I want to help her. She's just a teenage girl. Just a child. And so is Jennifer." Mike says, "So do I, honey. Trust me." They both get out of the car and they walk to a door not too far from the entrance of the bowling alley. 

They head inside and they head up the stairs. They find two doors. Randall had texted Mike saying it was the one on the right. Apartment B. They turn to the door reading Apartment B and Celia sighs. She knocks on the door and they both wait.

The door opens and there he is. Randall Boggs. Your biological father. He looks tired and worn out. Mike says, "Randall." Celia says, "May we?" Randall says, "Good. You guys are here. Come in. There's a lot I need to tell you guys. The truth." He lets them in and he shuts the door.

He says, "Come sit down. Both of you." He walks to his torn-up recliner chair and he sits down. Mike looks around and mumbles, "Sheesh. What a dump." Celia whispers, "Shh. Michael." He whispers, "Sorry. Just sayin'." She nods. They sit on the couch. Randall faces them and he tells them everything.

(Time skip.)

It's 1:15pm. You're finishing up the last hour at school. Well, you're out in the hallway talking to Jennifer. You say, "Danny just loaned me a bottle of wine he stole from his mom's fridge. We're drinking this when we get home. Get shit faced later. Good thing it's Friday, huh?" Jennifer grins and giggles saying, "Okay. Since it is the weekend and all." You grin and you say, "Fucking right."

You suddenly hear this, "Hey guys." Your smile fades and you and Jennifer look over to see Trish Morganheimer. The wannabe you talk trash about all the time. You say, "Yes, Trish? Make it quick." Trish says, "I've heard that you like rock music, so I made a cassette tape for you with all the rock music you can listen to." She gets a cassette tape out. 

You say, "Okay, MORONheimer. First off, don't listen in on our conversations. Second. Yes, I like rock. But certain kinds. And who the fuck does cassettes? What year are you in? 1991? Get with the fucking program. There is a thing called WiFi. And also... shave those brows. You look like Bernie from Season Street." Jennifer can't help but hold back a giggle. 

Trish sighs and runs off. You chuckle and you say, "What a loser freak." Jennifer says, "Part of me is interested in what songs she may have put on there, though." You say, "Psh. Who cares? Let's get out of here. I told Danny I'd meet up with him right after school. He's got something else for me besides the wine in my bag." 

Jennifer says, "What flavor wine? Grape?" You say, "Velvet red." Jennifer grins and says, "Oh, even better." You say, "Right? Come on, Jen. Before that homely freak Trish comes back with more lame shit." You both walk off.

(Time skip.)

About an hour in a half later, you and Jennifer get home. You walked with Danny and Joey and they left. Turns out, Danny had a necklace for you with a ruby heart on it. You love it. It's brand new and from the jewelry store, too. He saved up money to buy that for you.