Mike x Reader pt. 2

Moments later after having a tour around the factory, you're in a break room with Mike. You're seated across from him. You take a drink of your bottled sweet tea and you say, "Wow. So, your girlfriend cheated on you with my boyfriend, huh?" He says, "Deja vu." You say, "Right? I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, Mike. But something tells me Celia was at least sweet. I've suspected Randall for a few weeks before finding out." 

He sighs and says, "I want to forgive her. I really do. I just... don't know if I can or not. I understand your issue with Randall. Okay, I mean no offense (Y/N), but you were with Randall Boggs of all monsters. He was a maniacal piece of shit before you met him. Pardon my language." 

You say, "Don't be sorry about what you say. Like I said... I'm over him. If he tries to take me back and I accept it, he'll probably just do it again. Some cheaters don't get a second chance. Not him at least." He says, "Wow. I knew we'd have a new employee here, but I didn't expect to have one who was exactly like me with my recent situation. My schmoopsy poo went... Schmoopsy poof." 

You say, "I'm so sorry, Mike. If you'd like, you can come by my place later. Might get your mind off of Celia. It'll sure as hell make me forget about the ass hat who cheated on me with her. I mentioned he had a crush on me back in Monsters University, didn't I?" He says, "Yeah. Too bad he did the exact opposite." You say, "Right? Now we all know why it's called a crush. They'll crush you, later." You both laugh a bit.

You say, "Wow. You and I are really going to get along. I have higher hopes for you than I did him." He says, "Ah, that's great. He has changed drastically after college. He was my roommate and he wouldn't hurt a fly back then. He said these words...'I can tell we're gonna be best chums, Mike.'... That didn't age well."

You sigh and you say, "That's life for you. Some of your best friends you make turn into something you can't bear to stand. My childhood best friend. Her name's Sylvia Moore. She and I were close. But after marrying a brute, she became one herself. She kicked me out of her wedding. I didn't bother going. Haven't spoken to her since her change. Part of me believes she's being abused by her husband now. But guess what? That's what she gets." 

Mike says, "Something tells me Randall's gonna land a crappy deal, himself. He'd honestly deserve it." You say, "Yeah. You're telling me." He looks at you and says, "You know what? Yeah I'll come with you to your place after work. How's that?" You smile and you say, "I'd like that, Mike." He smiles at you. You both seem to take a liking to each other, already.

(Time skip.)

Later on, you're home. You've got Mike with you. You're both watching something on Scareflix. It's a funny one since it turns out Mike is all about humor and comedy. And you yourself love funny TV shows. You say, "This is great. I'm having a good time with you already, Mike. And we're just at my house." He says, "Hey, that's alright. I needed this, myself." 

You turn to face him and you say, "You're a really nice and funny guy, Mike. I don't understand why anyone would want to hurt you just like that." He says, "Well... It happens, I guess." You say, "Yeah." He says, "Besides, you yourself are too nice for Randall, anyways." 

You look at Mike and you say, "I love that you're honest about things, Mike." He says, "Yeah. I try to be when I can." He looks at you and you both suddenly find yourselves leaning in. You begin to close your eyes and so does he. He starts to nearly pucker his lips.

But it's interrupted by a knock on the door and you move away. You say, "I need to see who that is. Hope it's not who I think it is." You get up and you walk to the front door. Mike sighs and mumbles, "A moment ruined." 

You open the door and there stands Claire. You smile and you say, "Hey, Claire." Mike says, "Claire? That name sounds familiar." Mike looks to see you bringing a monster woman in and he recognizes her from college.