Overprotective Randall x (Fem)Reader pt. 2

The next day, you're driving to your new job at Monsters Inc where you'll be working as a laugh floor assistant for a jokester. This was the moment that was going to change things for you forever. Not because you've got a new job at the best place possible in the monster world... but when you meet a certain janitor.

You make it there and you're lucky to find a parking spot closer to the building. You park and you get out of your car. You head for the building and you look at the sign saying 'It's Laughter We're After.'

You smile and you say, "Amazing. Monsters Incorporated. The best opportunity any monster can get working here. No matter what field or what department. Just being here makes me feel lucky I landed a job here. Even a janitor job or a window cleaner. Anyone that works hard to make ends meet should get credit." You approach the entrance.

You head inside and you look around saying, "Wow. This is great. So much space. It's different from living on the farm and being sheltered my whole life." You hear the same voice from the phone call and you hear this, "Hello there." You look to see a big furry blue monster with horns, a buttony animal like nose, spikes going down his back to his tail, etc. 

You smile and you say, "James P. Sullivan! Hello, sir. So nice to meet you and have the opportunity to have this job." He smiles and says, "You must be (Y/N) (L/N) from Roaring Fields." You say, "Yes I am. I moved to Monstropolis just yesterday." He says, "First time in the city?" You say, "Yeah. I was raised on a farm in a sheltered and strict household. As you can tell by the long skirt." 

He says, "That's alright. It's nice to have you here." He holds out his hand and you take it. You shake hands and you say, "Thanks for having me, Mr. Sullivan." He says, "Anytime. I'm always welcoming any monster who wants to work here at Monsters Incorporated." You pull away.

You hear this, "Hey, Sulley. What's the hold up? I've got..." You see a shorter green monster with one eye. Round in shape and just thin arms and legs out from his body. Tiny horns on his head. He sees you and he smiles and says, "Oh. Hello, there." You smile and you say, "Hi. You are?" 

He says, "Mike Wazowski. One of the top jokesters here at Monsters Inc. Welcome Miss..." You say, "(Y/N) (L/N). From Roaring Fields. I'm here to assist one of the jokesters." You hold your hand out and he takes it. You shake hands and you pull away. He says, "Hey hey. Welcome. I've heard about ya." You smile.

Sulley says, "(Y/N). Since this is your first day, feel free to look around the place." You say, "Thank you. I sure will." Mike says, "You'll like Celia Mae, too. She's really nice. She's the laugh floor supervisor... and my special lady friend.~" Sulley says, "Come on, Mike. Don't brag about your love life." Mike says, "Sorry, Sulley. Anyways, yeah. Feel free to look around." You say, "I sure will. Thanks, Mike." 

Mike says, "Oh and um... there is one thing." You look at them. Mike says, "If you come across a lizard guy purple in color, has about eight limbs and so on... be a little cautious." You say, "Who is this lizard guy?" Sulley sighs and says, "Randall Boggs." You look up at Sulley.

He says, "The guy has quite a reputation. He was one of the top scarers along with me when we were still scaring kids. At first, he had done so much wrong. Kidnapping a human child to use her for her screams with this machine known as the scream extractor. Her name was Boo. He was even her scarer. But the guy was doing a lot of wrong. We had to banish him in the human world at one point. In an isolated rural area, nonetheless." Mike says, "A year later, he somehow made his way back into our world." 

You say, "The at first part. Is there a reason you hired this guy back if he had done this?" Sulley sighs and says, "After what had happened a month in a half ago, I had to give Randall a second chance." You say, "What happened?"

Mike says, "Oh boy... This actually made me feel sad for him for once since college." Sulley says, "When he got back, he had a girlfriend he loved so much named Sally Moore. They loved each other. But one morning a month in a half back... he found her laying on the living room floor. She had overdosed on heroin. Randall found out she was dead." You gasp and you put your hands over your mouth. 

Sulley says, "I gave him a second chance, but hired him back as a janitor. Be cautious but then again courteous at the same time." Mike says, "He's actually been a bit worse than before since that incident. Then again, I can't argue. I was huggin' my schmoopsy poo Celia close after hearing about Randall's situation. Poor guy." 

You put your hands down and you say, "My god. That's awful." Sulley says, "I just want you to be aware of Randall Boggs once you meet him." You nod, understanding. He says, "So... Want to look around?" You smile and you say, "Sure, Sulley." He and Mike show you around a few parts of Monsters Inc and you look around, yourself.

(Time skip.)

Moments later, there's a guy in the hallways. He's mopping the floors. That happens to be Randall Boggs. He's mopping up the last bit in that hallway. He says, "There. That should do it. I'm lucky Sullivan hired me back. At least he had enough decency to after..." 

He sighs and looks away saying, "My god. I'm so lonely." He shakes his head and he says, "But it's too late for that now. She's gone." He walks to the nearest custodian closet and he puts the stuff back in. He shuts the door.

He suddenly hears this, "Hello." He hears a feminine voice and he looks to his left to see... you. He gasps and he approaches you. You see him. You say, "Hi. Are you... Randall Boggs?" He says, "Yeah. I am. You're that new girl from out of Monstropolis, aren't you?" You say, "Yeah. I am." He says, "I figured so. Did Sullivan say anything about me?" 

You say, "A few things. Nothing bad. He did however mention... Sally." He sighs and says, "That's why I'm back here working. Sullivan had enough decency to hire me back as a janitor after she died. Did he tell you how?" You say, "Yes. And I'm sorry for your loss, Randall. My condolences to you." He says, "Thanks... What's your name?" He looks at you. You say, "(Y/N) (L/N). From Roaring Fields." 

He stands there, interested in what you're telling about yourself and he says, "Go on." You say, "I was raised on a farm by my parents. My little sister Jill was, too. She's still there because she's eleven years old. I have never worn pants in my life. Or shorts. Always long skirts. I was strictly raised that way. Home schooled and sheltered at home. Working on the farm." 

He says, "But you're out now, right? Wear pants. Shorter skirts or a shorter dress or short shorts. Tight pants. Whatever. Do what you'd like." You say, "B-but... I've never wore anything short or skintight, revealing my figure. I was told to always be modest. My whole life, I have been." 

He says, "(Y/N). It'll be alright. You're a grown woman. You can make your own choices. You're in the real world now. Monstropolis of all places, nonetheless. Explore this city a little more. There's more for you to see than you think. I've lost someone recently, but I could show you around this city myself sometime. It'll sure take MY mind off of what I had been through, recently. It's up to you." 

You look at him and you realize something about Randall... He's actually a pretty good-looking guy. You say, "Sure. Okay, Randall." He grins. You blush and you smile. At that moment, it seemed like you and Randall were taking a liking to each other.

(Not over yet.)