CHAPTER ONE: mount everest

CW: sex work, unprotected sex, dirty talking Bucky, spit kink, gun kink (IT'S BACK, BABY), choking, degradation kink, daddy kink, spanking, dark!Bucky

CW: sex work, unprotected sex, dirty talking Bucky, spit kink, gun kink (IT'S BACK, BABY), choking, degradation kink, daddy kink, spanking, dark!Bucky. All of this is consensual.

Also CW for drug use (cocaine), murder and we'll say edging toward dub con because I'm not really sure how else to spell out what happens to Annie, but I want to warn folks regardless.

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead
- Irish Blessing

DENVER, COLORADO

He cleans off his gun with a disinfectant wipe and shoves it into the glovebox. He's pumping with adrenaline as he drives to Steve's house. He turns on the radio and fiddles with the stations. It crackles as he turns the dial before landing on a song he knows. Be my Baby by the Ronettes. He takes a deep breath and whistles along with the radio.

Killing always gets his heart pounding, and the longer he drives, the angrier he gets. It's like a poison. He should have been crueler to Antonovich. A bullet to the head was too quick a death. Bucky should have painted the inside of that fucking car crimson.

He's lost his touch over the years.

Bucky used to pride himself on trying to be calm and collected when he pulled the trigger, but the older he gets, the harder that is to hide. It was a rush killing that fucking asshole. Bucky felt strangely protective of Annie in that moment - in a way that made him feel uncomfortable and tight across his chest. It almost felt like an omen.

He drives, deliberately turning away from the direction of Steve's house and toward someone he knows can help to make this feeling go away.

Bucky steps on the gas, screaming down the somewhat barren street, almost getting t-boned in the process. He knows exactly where he's going. Five years ago, he met a woman in a bar here who was able to give him everything he wanted. She let him unleash the rage that lay deep within him, and she tempered it with her own. She told him not to fall in love with her, and he didn't. But it was hard not to. Whenever he's in Colorado, he can't help but seek her out. Her name is Veronica. He has no idea if that's her real name, and he doesn't care. She has a curtain of flaming red hair and always wore red lipstick. Bucky hasn't seen her in three and a half years. She could be married with kids by now. She could be gone, but he has to try.

Bucky turns down a small street toward a strip club called The Den. Bucky parks his car and taking a deep breath. He needs this. His cock is already hard in anticipation for what's to come. Bucky climbs out of the car, tucking his pistol in the back of his jeans. This place attracts the worst of the worst. The girls here don't get paid nearly enough for what they have to deal with, him included, but most of them are armed to the teeth. Bucky's seen one of them put her heel through a man's eye. This club is owned by a small time crime boss named Tony Stark. Bucky did him a favor and now he never has to pay cover for the rest of his life. He marches toward the entrance and pushes the doors open.