FINALE: endings, beginnings

CW: Smut and fluff

CW: Smut and fluff. Annie and Bucky deserve a happy ending, and that's what I'm giving them. 

This is short, but very sweet. Enjoy, and thank you all so much for coming on this journey. I'm gonna miss these two weirdos. 

"I just want it known that I hate this," Bucky mutters.

"You wanted Disneyland, you're wearing the mouse ears," Annie tells him while Rebecca laughs.

All of them are wearing them. Rebecca got Bucky a sparkly pink set and he's furious about it. It looks fucking hysterical in contrast with his black tank top, blue jeans, and boots. He has bright pink sunglasses attached to his face, too, that James got him.

"You can match, uncle Jamie!"

Bucky is only wearing them because both boys insisted. They have a matching set of pink ears and sunglasses too. They wanted to be cool like their uncle.

The sun is bright and shining as they walk through the park. There are so many people that Annie has trouble trying to figure out where the hell they are. Rebecca has the map. Annie is carrying Ryan while Bucky holds James's hand, leading them through the park. Annie is beaming. She keeps looking back at Bucky with a huge smile on her face, and he smiles right back at her.

They got married this morning at City Hall. For real. It took half an hour. Annie wore a big white wedding dress like she's always wanted. Rebecca helped her do her hair, and makeup. Bucky wore a real tux. The second he got discharged from the hospital, the two of them drove to a boutique and picked them out. 

Rebecca was their witness, while Ryan and James dressed up in little suits that Annie ran out and bought them the night before.

Annie and Bucky took off their wedding bands and exchanged them one more time. They signed real papers. It felt just as real as it did in Nevada, but this time, there was no urgency. Part of it was to protect Bucky and to be able to support him financially. He had her back through all of this, and now it's time to have his. They'll go back to Chicago when they're ready. Right now, it's Disneyland for a week, staying in the most expensive hotel that they can afford, and then they're going to Ireland for their honeymoon. For six months.

Chicago can wait, what's most important is they have some time to be married.

It's probably the most adult decision that either of them have ever made.

When they get back, they're renovating the house. Steve helped them buy it back from the bank, and he's already working on getting more shipments of guns and drugs in with the help of Zemo and the Sokovians. They have allies now - a hell of a lot more than her father ever had. Annie wants to take a gentler approach to ruling, but anyone who stands in her way will meet a grisly and untimely end. She'll make sure of that.