CHAPTER TEN: love you like an alcoholic

A/N: For the purposes of this AU, Bucky would be 36, and therefore born in 1986

A/N: For the purposes of this AU, Bucky would be 36, and therefore born in 1986. This is important for context.

CW: Knife kink, punching (sort of during sex?), degradation kink, graphic descriptions of violence and blood, choking, dirty talk, Bucky's breeding kink, blood play, blood drinking (well, it's more like licking?), semi-public sex on top of a car, chase/primal kink (again, if you don't know what this is, google it, but I've also written it before), dark!Bucky. 

These two are messed up.

I am not sorry.

Seven blocks in, my fingers brushed your hand;
I blushed, you laughed, but you seemed a little sad.
I ain't one to jump a ship, but I absolutely knew
I was six steps in when I fell into you.

One last kiss, I love you like a broken pot.
One last kiss, I love you like a pack of dogs.
One last kiss, I need you like I need a gaping head wound.
- "Love You Like an Alcoholic", The Taxpayers

They sit at a back table at the bar, Annie in Bucky's lap while he plays poker with Clint, Laura, and Tony. Annie sips on a beer and watches. She has no idea who's winning, but Bucky seems frustrated every time a new hand is dealt. He rubs Annie's back, and sometimes, while Clint is playing a hand, Bucky's mouth will find hers and they'll get lost in each other until Clint or Laura clear their throats. He holds the cards with one hand, the other trailing down her spine, resting on the back of her neck, or splayed out across her lower back. She fiddles with the dog tags around his neck.

JAMES B BARNES

There are a bunch of numbers listed that Annie knows are important, and then she sees his birth date.

MARCH 10, 1986

"It's your birthday soon," she remarks as she fiddles with the dog tags.

"Hmm?" Bucky asks.

"March 10th. That's tomorrow."

He never told her. Maybe he didn't want her to know.

"Yeah," he replies as his eyes are fixed on his cards.

"Buck isn't a big fan of his birthday," Clint tells her with a smirk as he lights a cigarette.

"Why not?"

"Just never had a good time," Bucky grumbles.

She could fix that. Even if they're on the run, she could do something for him, even if it's just a stupid little cupcake with a candle in it.

A few bikers float in and out of the back room that they're playing in. A man who isn't wearing a club jacket enters with two of Clint's men at this side. He walks up to the table and stares at Annie for a little too long. Bucky slowly tilts his head to the side and narrows his eyes. The stranger stares right back at him. Bucky pulls a switchblade out of his back pocket and pops the blade open.