95. Nice Day With Not That Nice End

Evening at pool was more than relaxing, beautiful and filled with laughter, because how it won't be filled with laughter when we had Ben and James together. Half of the time Kennedy and I was or sitting at the side of pool talking or we were in water but this evening it was James' and Ben's evening with their kids, and they didn't say to us not once to take Leo and Grace.

Seeing them this happy with their babies and totally relaxed, forgetting on all the worries about matches and trainings just melted my heart telling me that Kennedy and I did a good job with these two babies. Since Grace is now eight months old, I decided to go back to work but, on half shift, while Grace is going to be Ben because he mostly has trainings at evenings so he will stay with Grace while I will be at work in the morning those few hours.

I already made an agreement with Sophia so she will babysit Grace when Ben will be out of city or county, and I will be at work. Sophia has moved to Mason's three months ago so now we are closer since she left her job about half a year ago and is still in search for new one that would be closer to Mason's house.

"Els, are you coming?" Ben asked returning me back to reality

"Um, yeah" I smiled at him and got into water swimming towards him, James, Kennedy and our babies

"You seem out with thoughts, everything's okay?" he asked as I took Grace from him even, he didn't said anything about it

"everything's more than okay, don't worry" I said kissing him on cheek

Kennedy took Leo from James so the two of them decided to get out from pool for a little. When we decided to go home boy's got Leo and Grace ready dressing them up and carrying them to cars as Kennedy and I just carried bags with their stuffs not taking smiles of our faces seeing our men with our kids.

"Wave bye-bye to Grace" James said to Leo pointing to Grace as Ben was putting her in her car seat

Leo waved to Grace as Ben showed her how to wave so he helped her to wave Leo back.

"See you soon" Kennedy said as we hugged

"If not, earlier we will see each other at the match next month, right?" I asked

"definitely" she said

"See you soon Leo" I said smiling at him and pinching his cheek lightly as he giggled "This was so needed for each of us" I said to James as he just smiled

"I know, that's why we came up with it" he said

After we said bye to each other we drove different directions to our homes.

••••••••••••

"Someone got really tired" I said quietly looking back at Grace who was already as we were three minutes from house.

"She was so active today" Ben said looking at her through middle rear-view mirror

"We will see how long she will sleep now" I said remembering she didn't eat before she fell asleep, so she won't stand still long but since it's 6pm it's no problem for her to wake up if hundred time because Ben and I definitely won't go sleep before 10 as every other day. When we got home Ben gave his best to keep Oscar from barking while I was carrying Grace to her room putting her in her bed.

I kiss her forehead taking speaker and going downstairs, but I stopped at first stair when I heard Ben from our room.

"no... we can't hang out.... we ended remember how long ago? No? We ended six years ago" I heard him saying and then I realised he is talking with his ex? Why would he talk with her?

I didn't want to listen his conversation because I never liked when someone was doing that and I never saw myself in that situation but now I am in that situation, listening conversation of my husband and his ex.

"Forget it Joanna...I moved on three years ago; I have wife and daughter and you definitely don't interest me anymore. It was you that fucked everything up and don't hope that I'm going to walk over that and the worst of everything leave two most important girls in my life now. We don't exist anymore get that inside your head" he said, and, in this moment, I felt my heart beating faster because of what he just said but I still wasn't happy that he was talking with her

I took a deep breath and walked downstairs leaving him to finish that conversation.

Few minutes later he came downstairs sitting beside me and pulling me closer to him.

I felt by the way his skin pressed against mine that he is totally tense, and I didn't like it.

"everything's okay?" I asked as he laid us down on couch, so my head was on his head

"don't worry" he said kissing the top of my head and I fought with myself not to bring my overhearing his conversation