𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

Katie LaRusso was walking down the hallways of her school

Katie LaRusso was walking down the hallways of her school. Earplugs in her ears, tuning out the claustrophobic noises of her fellow teens.

'In the winter, in the icy outdoor pool
When you jumped in first, I went in too,
I'm with you even if it makes me blue'

Katie hummed along to the vocals of Taylor Swift as she swiftly walked through the hallways. Well that was until she rammed into someone. She stumbled back and all of her books dropped.

'Shit!' She thought as she took out her earplugs. In front of her stood a skinny Hispanic boy.

"Oh, I-I'm so sorry! I-I should have watched where I was going!" the boy stutters, helping Katie pick up her books.

"Hey, no worries! I should have paid more attention too!" Katie says, cheerfully while gathering her stuff. The boy handed Katie her books and he looked at her carefully. She looked at the boy who was staring at her with a confused expression. Katie thought there was something on her face so she started brushing it off with her hand.

"Oh, there's nothing on your face!" the boy shouts, a little too loud. He panics and looks around, "I-I mean there's nothing wrong with it!"

"Oh, well thanks. Hey, I didn't catch your name." Katie asks.

"Oh it's um Miguel, Miguel Diaz. I'm new here." Miguel says.

"Oh, that's why I had no idea who you were! Well, I'm Katie LaRusso." Katie says, sticking her hand out for Miguel to shake it and he does so.

"So, I'll see you around?" Miguel says, more like a question.

"Definitely," Katie replies, grinning.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

The lunch bell rang and Katie made her way over to her normal seat, which was with the rest of the school band dweebs. She sat down beside her best friend, Joey.

"Hey JoJo," Katie greets and Joey groans in response.

"You're never gonna drop that, are you?" Joey groans, talking about Katie's nickname for him.

"Nope," she grins as she gets out her lunch. She places it down and listens to the conversations of the kids around her. Katie wasn't really interested so she started just looking around the room.

Her eyes landed on the table where Miguel sat with these 2 other boys and a girl. Katie remembered these kids as Demetri Alexopoulos, the tall lanky boy who was obsessed with superheros, Eli Moskowitz, a shy, sweet boy and Annabelle Lawrence, a pretty girl who mostly kept to herself. She hadn't really talked to any of them but they seemed like nice people.

She notices Eli staring at her so she gives him a smile and a small wave. He blushes, knowing he got caught staring and turns back towards his friends.

Her eyes averted to the table beside her, where her sister sat with all of the popular girls. She overheard Yasmine talking shit about Eli.