𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1

"So, would you like the bad news or the good news first?" The nurse asks

"So, would you like the bad news or the good news first?" The nurse asks. The entire LaRusso family was in Katie's hospital room after what happened to Katie. Sam had gotten her stitches done but Katie had it much worse than her.

"Bad news first. Always." Katie writes on a pad of paper provided to her as she wasn't able to speak.

"The bad news is that the cuts hit your vocal throats and damaged them pretty badly, and that's why you aren't able to speak. Now, in these senarios, many patients are never able to speak again." The nurse explains. "But the good news is that with lots of speech therapy and practise, there is a good chance for you to speak again."

"When can I start the therapy?" Katie writes down.

"Give it about a week to heal, then, you can begin." The nurse explains.

"I-I'm sorry nurse, but you're telling me there's a chance our daughter won't ever be able to speak again?" Daniel asks, his voice cracking a bit.

"I'm sorry Mr. LaRusso, but that is the reality of this situation." The nurse informs. Daniel shakes his head and leaves the room with Amanda to discuss the situation.

"How are you feeling?" Katie writes on the paper and shows it to Sam who in return chuckles sadly.

"You might never be able to speak and you're asking me if I'm okay?" Sam says dryly.

"Yeah, 'cause you look like shit." Katie writes and Sam giggles and so does Katie but not sound is produced. Katie sighs before falling back into her pillow.

This was going to take a while to get used to.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Katie lays in bed, watching the news. She had gotten a couple visitors today as she was finally allowed to have people come and meet her.

"It was two weeks ago today at West Valley High, where what can only be described as an all-out karate riot caught students and faculty off-guard, sending shock waves through the Valley." The reporter reports. "Tonight, West Valley High is holding a community meeting to answer questions and help settle fears."

Katie sighs and turns off the TV. She sits there and thinks about the whole fight. She found out from Sam that it had been Amber who had stabbed her throat and now she was suspended from school just like Tory.

Miguel had been kicked off the school balcony by Robby and Joey. Miguel had been seriously injured and was now in a coma. Robby and Joey had fled the scene and were now wanted by the police.

Katie knew that they wouldn't have done something so horrific like that to Miguel intentionally, more like it was in the heat of the battle sort of thing. Katie had tried reaching Robby and Joey via text and email, but of course they didn't answer the phone.