Is that you onii-chan

The male expected him to rush towards him but he didn't. Instead the oni ran around the trees picking up the occasional rock that appeared. Soon enough, Tanjiro had about a dozen rocks in his hands. The male's scent was giving off confusion. Tanjiro didn't know what the male should of been confused about, he was just trying to save his sister.

The sound of a rock hiting the male's katana is when Nezuko looked up. Tanjiro was throwing rocks at the male. Nezuko was baffled Tanjiro wasn't using the hachet from before. She looked at Tanjiro's waist. The hachet was being held by a string around his waist. 'Onii-chan doesn't want to hurt this man... Onii-chan...You're too pure...even if some one hurt you...you wouldn't hurt them back with out more than one reason...' Nezuko calmed down and stopped growling thinking about Tanjiro. 'I'm sure Onii-chan wouldn't want me to hurt some one without a variety of logical reasonings as well... wait but he just tied to kill me! But...Onii-chan doesn't want to hurt him so.. I wont either!' 

Nezuko glanced to the face of the male. He looked puzzled Tanjiro wasn't just straight up attacking him. Tanjiro just keep throwing rocks at the male. Each time they would be reflected by his katana. 

When Tanjiro ran out of rocks, he stood still in a position showing he would harm the raven head male if he hurt Nezuko again. The raven head tighten his grip on whatever he was holding, big mistake. He accidentally hurt Nezuko's wrist. Nezuko yelped from the sudden pain. Tanjiro knew the raven head did it on accident because his scent was of regret. Nezuko's scent smelled of worry, Tanjiro knew it was towards the raven head.

Tanjiro ran behind a tree. Picked up one of the rocks that got reflected off the katana and threw it. Tanjiro then rushed towards the raven head claws ready to scratch him. The demon slayer knew Tanjiro had a plan, this was being strange of the oni to just rush into action when he was specifically avoiding it up to now. 

Tanjiro had a plan in mind, it was risky but, it only risked his life so he was fine with it. He rushed into the fight. Claws ready to attack but, he didn't want to fight, he was just creating a deversion for Nezuko to escape the grip of the raven head. 

Tanjiro was closing in on the male.

He was ready to attack.

The male rose his katana ready to stab him. 

THUMP!

Tanjiro's body fell onto the cold snow, alive.

'This oni is trying to protect his, so called, 'sister' by risking his life by rushing with no intenion to kill.' The male could tell by Tanjiro's eyes he didn't want to harm him, they showed pain, worry and regret. Not the intenion of killing or causing harm.

'This one's interesting, ' Tanjiro closed his eyes waiting to be killed while charging in. 'He... Isnt like other onis...I was wrong' 

THUMP!

The male hit Tanjiro on the back with his katanas hilt. Tanjiro's body fell to the cold snow. The horn that emerged started shrinking back into his skin, making it appear it had never been there. The markings also shrunk. The one on his forehead no longer reached his nose, the other two just vanished.

With all his attention on Tanjiro, his grip on Nezuko loosened. Nezuko realizing what Tanjiro's plan was and that it worked, wiggled out of the raven heads girp. 

'Sh*t!!!' The raven head cursed himself. How couldn't he? He probably just let a oni that would help the demon slayer ogranzaition, died by who he was willing to risk his live for! Until,

"GRAHHH!" Nezuko kicked the raven head away. 'She'll! She'll--' his own thoughts were cut off by what he was seeing. Nezuko was standing protectively in front of the male oni. An oni, protecting the other from him. Sure he already saw Tanjiro protect her but, seeing a oni that seemed to have lost all sanity, protect him? He was aghasted!

Nezuko seeing someone hurt her dear brother, PISSED her off! After showing that she will mowl him to death if he hurt Tanjiro by standing protectively in front of him, growling, she thought it was clear. When she looked into his eyes, she saw he knew she would protect her brother. Her Onii-chan. She glanced over to Tanjiro's head. He had his right cheek in the snow, eyes closed with massive, dark bags under them and with his long hair covering his back.

Nezuko looked back over to the raven head. She knew he tried to keep injuries on Tanjiro limited for that, she was thankful. "Hey you," she looked back to the raven head. "I wont hurt you," he returned his katana to its sheath, "but, I can't just let you two onis walking around with no safety rules," he pointed over to Tanjiro. "Is he your older brother?" Nezuko squinted her eyes. Trying to see if he had a plan to harm them in mind. She nodded. 'Always tell the truth, lying is a terrible thing!' She remembered Tanjiro's words.

"You and your brother need to know some facts," he sighed and closed his eyes. "But you can't talk, can you?" Nezuko tried to speak. All that came out were disorienting sounds. Nezuko shook her head side to side. "As I presumed" he sighed heavily this time. "why don't we wait until your brother wakes up?" Nezuko's eyes lit up with joy.

Tanjiro heard whispers. He felt warm and cosy where ever he was. Little did he know, it was a empty void with the souls of his family members. "I'm sorry for leaving you Tanjiro, take care of Nezuko for me, alright?" He heard his mother, Kio's voice. He jolted his eyes open at the speed of light.

He saw Nezuko in front of him sleeping peacefully. Her eyes were closed lightly, small bags underneath, he pushed himself into a sitting position. He pulled Nezuko's  head into his lap. He started petting her head. He could feel her body untension from the affection. "I'll protect you with my life;... Nezuko..." he whispered in a soft, smooth and reassuring voice. 

"You up?" Tanjiro went into protective mode. He snapped his head behind him along with turning his body. His eyes glared holes into the raven head. When Tanjiro noticed it was the raven head his body loosened.  "Y-yes?" Tanjiro didn't know how to respond anyway else. "Good, go to Sagiri moutain. Meet a guy named Urokodaki tell him Giyyu Tomioka sent you." Tanjiro listened and memorised the name of the mountain and of 'Urokodaki'. Giyuu glanced to Tanjiro and Nezuko. He didn't know why but, he felt like he should have sympathy for them.

"B-before I and Nezuko go, can w-we..." His eyes started to water. Giyuu walked to Tanjiro. "???" Tanjiro was dumb founded of what the raven was doing but knew he was up to something. Tanjiro knew what the raven was doing was to comfort him but, he didn't know what that was it. Giyuu bent down to the boy's level. He pulled Tanjiro into a hug.

"You're ok, you're fine" Giyuu kept rubbing circles onto Tanjiro's back comforting him. Tanjiro let it all out. He cried until he couldn't anymore. All the tears that fell out of his eyes could of created a waterfall. To Giyuu it was a sorrowful sight he didn't know why but, he has this feeling that he needs to protect and care for Tanjiro. It was something he hadn't felt in years but even then it wasn't as strong as this.

"What did you wanna do before we leave?" Tomioka was baffled something had gotten Tanjiro so worked up. "I-I wanna bury them..I-I kno-ow it sounds stupid but, I wanna bury my dead family members..." Just Tanjiro saying it was stupid to bury his dead family members made Tomioka wonder what kind of person this oni would become. Tanjiro made it sound like a waste of time obviously trying not to make the situation about himself. The village was right, hes too pure for his own good.

"Of course we can bury your family, they deserve it for rising such a caring boy like yourself." Tanjiro laughed. To everyone who had not seen it, Tomioka felt bad. His laugh was as angelic as an angel, it was melodic. It was purely gorgeous, it sounded like music.