Final selection

The next day, Tanjiro awoke before the sun. He got ready for final selection. He put on the haori Urokodaki had given him and the belt that held the sheath of the katana on its side. The haori was basically the same haori Urokodaki always wore. The light blue haori with the design of clouds. Tanjiro was about to bid Urokodaki farewell until he remembered something. The warding mask.

Tanjiro opened the drawer he had left the warding mask in and took it out. He put it on, and to his surpise, it fit perfectly. Tanjiro now was ready. He kissed Nezuko goodbye and left his room. He walked into the next room where Urokodaki was sitting in. "All set?" Urokodaki's voice was filled with worry. "Yeah. I just need the katana." Tanjiro, over the two year course, had formed a father and son bond with Urokodaki. "I'm ready." Tanjiro didn't hide his demonic features. Either way, it was only his nails that showed the posibilitie that he was an oni because of the mask.

Urokodaki stood up. "Be careful alright?" Urokodaki handed Tanjiro the katana. Tanjiro put it into his sheath. Not wanting to lose it. "I will. Please take good care of Nezuko for me alright?" Tanjiro had an intuition that something, wether it be good or bad, would happen to Nezuko. It was the kamado intuition.

"Of couse but you have to come back alive, got it?" "I promise I'll come back alive. After all, I can't die until I forfill my promise to Nezuko. To turn her back into a human." Tanjiro was being serious and wasn't joking about his goal to turn Nezuko back into a human. He needed to. He couldn't rest until he completed his goal.

"I'm off. Hope to see you soon! Say hello to Sabito and Makomo for me!" Tanjiro waved goodbye to Urokodaki and left the house. Urokodaki was aghasted. 'Impossible...how does he know the names of the dead?'

2

Tanjiro, when outside, jumped into a tree. He started jumping tree to tree gaining speed and covering great distance. Because of his method of travel, Tanjiro was at the location of final selection by dusk. It was on Fujikasane mountain. The mountain was covered by the beautiful, purple wisteria flowers from the slope to the foot of the mountain; To prevent the demon from escaping and keeping the demons on the mountain.

Tanjiro stopped and examined the flowers. He had heard from old man Saburo that wisteria was poisonous towards demons. Yet, Tanjiro was here. He was touching and smelling them. They were beautiful and smelled very pleasing. They didn't harm him either. They were purple as lilacs, but even more stunning. As beautiful as the sun shinning on the ocean water.

When Tanjiro arrived at the location where all participants gathered, there was around twenty to twenty five participants. Four stood out the most to Tanjiro. The first one was male with a boar head on his head. His scent was one of amusement. He didn't wear a shirt only pants, and had a musclar body built from what Tanjiro could tell. The second one was a boy with yellow hair. His scent was one of panick and fright. He wore a yellow haori covered in white triangles. He kept mumbling something along the lines of "I'm gonna die. Even if I survive Ill die during a mission." Tanjiro already questioned the boy. 'Why go to final selection if your to scared to kill demons?'.

The thrid person who stood out to Tanjiro was a raven head. He had a Mohawk that reached a little past his shoulder and wore a black and dark purple haori. His scent was one of anger towards demons. No surprise. Most demon slayers become demon slayers wanting revenge, like himself. The fourth and finally person who stood out to Tanjiro was a female. She had her hand extended and had a butterfly on her left index finger. She wore a pink kimono, and had her hair in a ponytail on the right side of her head with a butterfly hair pin in her hair. Her scent was of flowers. She didn't displayed any emotions. Only her own scent.

"Hello everyone," Tanjiro looked to the source of the voices. Twins in dark lilac purple kimonos spoke loud enough for everyone to hear them and in sink. The one on the left had white hair down to her shoulder and a wisteria flower in her hair on the left. The one on the right had black hair, down to her shoulder and a wisteria flower on the right side of her hair. "To join the demon slayer corps you must survive on this mountain for 7 days without any outside help." Once again they spoke in sink. "Now without further a do," this time only the white haired one spoke. "Let the final selection begin!" This time only the black haired one spoke.