All years ago

He hadn't lost everyone. He had Nezuko. His kind, loving, basically perfect younger sister. 'No matter what, I promise, I'll protect you, even if it costs me my life!'1

All of this, his departure from Urokodaki-san, his getting of his sword, his first mission of being a demon slayer, it was all a year ago.  

Currently, Tanjiro and Nezuko are resting in their home village. They had just finished another successful mission and came for their monthly visit. 

After Tanjiro's thirty fith mission, the two kamados were feeling home sick. It wasn't for Urokodaki-san. They had just been there for their for their new list of mission. It was for their home village. Tanjiro decided they should have a break. They set out at dusk and headed for the village. They had gotten derections from a town's folk they had saved from their last mission. He kindly gave them derections, and once again, thanked them for saving his life.

Tanjiro and Nezuko followed the derections given and set for home. Killing any demon on the way. The two of them were still kind, cunning, intelligent, caring and childish. After all, they were stillchildren. 

When they arrived at their home village, they instantly went to old man Saburo's house. Nezuko was exhausted from all the traveling, and so was Tanjiro. Despite his fatigue, he carried Nezuko the rest of the way and knocked on the door. This is when he let Nezuko stand and waited for the door to open. When it opened, they were met by old man Saburo's pale, drained of blood face. It looked like he had seen a ghost. 

"Umm.... Hello old man Saburo! Its me and Nezuko...I'm so sorry to intrude this late at night...." Old man Saburo knew instantly they were demons. Yet here they were, acting like humans, still having manners and everything they had as humans. Tanjiro smiled akwardly. The situation was weird.

Old man Saburo let them inside. Just incase, without Nezuko and Tanjiro noticing, he grabbed some wisteria he had. Tanjiro and Nezuko sat on the floor. Nezuko leaned onto Tanjiro and fell asleep. Old man Saburo bumbroaded Tanjiro with questions of him and Nezuko. Tanjiro answered all them truthfully. He could never lie about something, even if it could cost him his life. 

When Old man Saburo was done asking questions, it had been an hour and Tanjiro was even more exhausted then before. "So you and Nezuko are demons, who have never had human blood, have joined the corps to make sure no one else will meet your fate while also, trying to get revenge on the one who brought apon demons to the world?" Tanjiro nodded. He knew it was farfetched and would be hard to believe, but it was true, and that was all that mattered.

Old man Saburo did believe him but, he had to see proof. Old man Saburo excused himself and went to the next room over. He grabbed a knife and the bouquet of wisteria flowers. He set the wisteria flowers at the doorway frame, hidden from view, and entered the room. Tanjiro knew what was going on. Old man Saburo was going to test them. He sat his self down in front of the kamados. He raised the knife and cut himself. Blood dripped a bit but both Nezuko and Tanjiro sat still.

Tanjiro looked side to side, akwardly, finding the situation was to akward for him. He asked Old man Saburo a question. "So... want me to grab a clothe or something to clean your arm with?" Old man Saburo sighed. His scent was of relief. He now knew the kamados weren't lying and were still the same old kamados they were before, just with some new.. features. Tanjiro went to the room next door, to grab a clothe. When he returned, he was holding the wisteria flowers and the clothe old man Saburo needed for his arm. "H-how..." Tanjiro was holding and looking at the astonishing beauty of the flowers. 

"I found the bouquet of wisteria flowers in your doorway, I hope you don't mind me with them, they always look so astonishing and memorizing to me... what about you Nezuko?" Nezuko was wide awake rubbing her eyes with her hands. She looked at the flowers and understood what he was saying. "I find them beautiful..... And it's like all my worries disappear.....May...May I hold the flowers?" Tanjiro smiled. "Of course!~♡" Old man Saburo knew for sure, Tanjiro and Nezuko didn't change a bit.