Training

When Tanjiro had returned, it was noon. He had left around 11 so it took him around an hour to go up and come back down the mountain with all the new traps set up. Urokodaki had the wooden training sword in hands. Tanjiro walked up to him. "Here." Urokodaki gave him the sword. "I want you to do all the water breathing forms you know with this." Tanjiro complied and grabbed the sword. 

Tanjiro closed his eyes, and listened to his surroundings. The birds were singing, the cold air blew against his face. He started the tenth form 'Content flux' he moved the wooden sword in different directions, always swinging and getting turns and twists with every movement. Soon a dragon head of water appeared getting bigger and bigger each rotation. Tanjiro stopped, the dragon head disappeared, and then moved onto the fith form, 'blessed rain after the drought' he held the wooden sword over his left shoulder. He jumped high but not to high. He then used the sword as if he had attacked a oni and chopped off its head. Water followed his trail. Rain drops then followed. Finally he struck a pose. He now did the thrid form, 'flowing dance' all of his movements were gorgeous. He performed the dance perfectly. He did it as if he was doing 'hinokami kagura', restlessly and beautifully.

When he stopped, he heard clapping. "You say you learnt from your mother?" Tanjiro nodded. "Well she sure did a great job teaching you, you said to Giyuu you only mastered these three. Do you know the others?" "Well i know the positions and everything for the other forms but, I cant peform them as good as these three. My mother let me do my own thing and I did get betterish but," Tanjiro put on a face of determination. "I know it's not the best I can do! So I want to get better!"

Urokodaki knew the boy, if he kept going down this path, would be a massive help in defeating Muzan. He didn't know how but, he knew it.

Urokodaki has been teaching Tanjiro the rest of the water breathing forms, helping him improve his sense of smell, his agility and how to hold, and use, a nichirin blade. For the water breathing forms, he was showing them to him and getting him to do the correct stance and showing him how to move while doing them. Example, for 'water breathing second form, water wheel' Urokodaki showed how you needed to do a full flip with your body to create the effect of the 'wheel' while holding the nichirin blade. 

For helping with his sense of smell, Urokodaki was putting the blindfold on Tanjiro and getting him to sniff him out (like hide or seek), or guide him down the mountain. (Urokodaki removed some of the traps to make sure Tanjiro didn't die or get too hurt. So he has been re-adding traps every here and there after Tanjiro passes a stage). 

For his agility, Urokodaki set up traps in the woods and would bring Tanjiro there and make him dodge and avoid incoming traps. Also for his agility, Urokodaki would tie Tanjiro's foot in a rope and hang it from a tree so he would be hanging and could pratice dodging in mid air. (Urokodaki made sure the traps wouldn't hurt Tanjiro to bad just like with the stage of improving smell)

Finally with holding the nichirin blade, Urokodaki gave Tanjiro the wooden sword that weighed the same as a nichirin blade and showed him how he would wilde a nichirin blade with that. Urokodaki made Tanjiro do the forms with the stick so it would be like he was doing it with a nichirin blade. 

Also with holding the nichirin blade, Urokodaki made Tanjiro do exrises to make his body capable of being a demon slayer. Tanjiro's routine was, as soon as he came down the mountain by only using his nose and sense of smell, he would wilde the wooden sword and swing it until his arms felt like falling off to work on his muscles in his arms. Then he would put his head in a bin full of water, around 24 inches long rim to rim and could hold around 5 inches of water from top to bottom, to pratice with his lung capacity. Then he would do around the same amout of sit ups as the same amount of time he swung the wooden sword beforehand and finally, jumping jacks. The amount of jumping jacks he had to do was twice the amout as swinging he did with the stick that day. (If he did 1500 swings he would do 3000 jumping jacks)