Escaping death

They knew they would meet again. It was a intuition. A Kamados intuition.5

It had been only a half hour. Nezuko was drained of all energy and they were sitting on the ground. "Are you tired?" She nodded, slowly to prevent hurting her head. "We'll never make it before sunrise if we dont keep moving..." Tanjiro sounded desperate to get them both there before sunrise. 

"How about I carry you? That way we can keep moving!" Tanjiro was happy to have found a way to keep moving without disruptions. "OK do you want me to carry you bridally, or by piggebacking you? Nod for braidally and shake your head for piggiebacking." Nezuko shook her head. "Piggiebacking it is!" After putting Nezuko on his back, he rose tall. 

After they both got into a comfortable position, Tanjiro jumped into the tree they had been resting by. "Nezuko sleep tight, Onii-chan will get us there in no time!" He started jumping tree to tree going the direction they were told. What they didn't know was that they were being watched. 

As the two Kamados left the area, a group of five demons slayer exited from brushes and from behind trees. "Was that two onis working together?! I thought onis hated each other!"  Said a guy in a sort of unifrom. "Didn't you listen to what they were saying?! Number one, The female oni was drained of energy! Onis dont get tired! Number two, the male cared for her! Onis are heartless! Number three, he also said 'Sleep tight Nezuko, Onii-chan will get us there in no time'! We have to report this immediately to master!" Yelled angerly by a young brunette male in the same uniform. "He's right!" A girl shouted, also, in the uniform. "Get our crows!

Tanjiro was halfway there by midnight. Bags were large and visionable underneath his eyes. 'I-I'm so tried.. cant move another step...' Tanjiro fell backwards out of the tree he landed on. Luckily for him it was a tall tree. He shifted his body and landed face first onto the ground. Nezuko was alright though, so that's all that mattered to him. Tanjiro pushed Nezuko off him and on the ground next to him. "I-I can't m-move... Im to exhausted," He turned his head towards Nezuko. "Sh*t" Tanjiro, knowing he wouldn't remember where to go when he wakes up, grabbed a small stick near by and made an arrow in the dirt pointing to the derection where he had to go. After doing so, Tanjiro could feel the exhaustion catching up to him. In the next moment, he was dead asleep.

"Tanjiro" Tanjiro knew it was Kio, his mother. 'M-mom?'  "You need to wake up," 'why?'  "The sun is rising, You and Nezuko both are asleep, you need to wake up." 'THE SUN! Oh no Nezuko's gonna burn!' "Also Tanjiro,"  'Yes mom?'  "Remember,  you're a living being too." 'Yes mom!'

In the next moment, Tanjiro's eyes fluttered open. Blinking softly to adjust to the surroundings. 'Where is Nezuko?' Tanjiro used his arms and pushed himself into a knee sitting position. He looked left to right. 'There she is..' Nezuko was sleeping peacefully to his right side. Tanjiro peered up into the sky. 'It's gonna be sunrise soon, better hurry.' Tanjiro picked Nezuko up bridally, and put her on his back. 

'Dont worry Nezuko! Onii-chan will get us there safe and sound!' Tanjiro jumped onto the tree he fell backwards from. 'The branch is really sturdy, I must of mis-jumped because of my fatigue.' Tanjiro glanced down to the dirt. His arrow was pointing forward. 'Thank goodness I drew the arrow there.' Tanjiro looked ahead of himself again. 'Sagiri moutain, here we come!' 

Tanjiro because of his determination, was a mile away from where he first past out from, in only 15 minutes! Tanjiro was moving at a fast rate. But, from experience he knew he would feel tried soon and past out again if he keeps going like this. He decided to go slower. 

Tanjiro kept up this rate up and if he went over it, he would stabilize his movement and bring it back down to roughly the same paste as before. He was covering great ground with this plan. One massive mistake he made, was checking how long until the sun rose. Ever since starting out going through the trees, he was busy focusing on his movement he forgot all about the sun rising. Tanjiro stopped after realizing.