28

I put my hand on the window pan and smart my forehead on it too. I closed my eyes and tears rolled down.

"Can I come in?" Jake was outside my door. "Yeah, come in," I wiped my tears and walked to the bed again.

Jake opened the door and looked over to me. He sat down on the bed next to me.

"We will get through this Jisoo. But you need to be strong," he put his arms around me, to comfort me.

"I have been trying to be strong this whole time, Jake. Why couldn't we get him sooner?! If we did, he wouldn't have been in the accident! But now it's too late. I can't get back now,"

"I know its hard to grasp what happened. But you're not the only one whose hurt. What about Sunoo and Jay? They have been with him for years! Even me! I went to school with him," Jake sighed.

"I know you have! And I know that Sunoo and Jay are his friends and partners! But I can't help it! We don't know if the CEO caused this or if that was Jungwon's tactic. How can I be strong? The CEO is this out there. Living his life. Now that I think about it. I'm sure he's the one who killed him," I got up from the bed and walked downstairs where I found Sunoo and Jay on the couch.

"I called the hospital, they said they will tell us his autopsy report," Sunoo said. "I just, I don't know what to say. He was our best friend! We did everything together! He always had our back! And we!? We were too late to save him!" Sunoo stood up and was about to throw stuff around the room.

"We know what we could and couldn't do Jungwon. He was our best friend, I know. I'm hurt too," Jay just sat there, looking out in the far, mumbling the words that come to his mind.

"None of this would have been a problem if Jisoo never entered our lives! This is all her fault! Fuck!" Sunoo grabbed his hair and started crying.

"Sunoo, I'm, I'm sorry you- you feel that way," I slowly stepped onto the last stair.

"You! This is all your fault! If only you didn't have trouble with the CEO's daughter he would be alive!" He started walking towards me but Jay luckily held him back.

"This could of happened to anyone Sunoo. We all have accidents! So it could have been inevitable!" Jay sighed.
"It's no one's fault! Not yours, not Jisoo's. He was my best friend too, but crying won't bring him back! If you want to avenge his death, then we will jail the CEO and his daughter like planned,"

"What's the use of that now? Jungwon is gone. Getting him into jail would do nothing to get him back," I lowered my head.

"Then do it for the girls who died because of that man. He's been after him for years without knowing it," Jake appeared behind me after listening.

"Alright fine, give me the recorder. I'll go check in with the police chief. See if we have an arrest warrant," Sunoo glared at us but before they were leaving, Jay came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. I knew he was telling me to be strong.

I already felt broken. How was I supposed to be able to get over him. Over his death?!

I fell onto the floor and kept Sunoo's words in my head. What if it was true?

"Jisoo get up. The floor is cold.
Don't let what he said get to your brain. Like Jay said, it could of happened to anyone," Jake helped me up.

"I know but, if only I didn't make Bri mad with me, this wouldn't have happened-,"

We both looked at the door when someone knocked. The maid walked over to the door and opened it up. Revealing the CEO behind the door.
I held onto Jake's arm and hid behind him.

"How the hell did you find this place?!" Jake yelled and held me behind him. "What do you want?! Jungwon is gone! Was it not enough?! Are you here to kill me too!?" I cried, yelling from behind Jake.

"Too? I didn't kill him! I wanted to see if his death was just a plan of yours to get him to leave my daughter!" The man frowned.

"If he was here I wouldn't be crying so much because of you! It's your fault he died! You killed him!" I continued.

"I did not! You did! I know your guys planned this!" the man yelled making me charge at him, but Jake held me back.
"He's gone dammit! He's gone! He's dead! He's dead because of you! You caused this!" My legs were feeling weak, I was feeling dizzy.

-Jake's POV-

Jisoo fell into my arms. She looked weak and delicate. She was behind unresponsive.
"Jisoo! Jisoo Wake up! She's not waking up!" I picked her up and placed her on the couch.

"What's wrong with her?" the CEO got closer but I held a hand up for him to stop in his tracks.

"She hasn't been sleeping well. It hasn't ate well. She's also been crying this whole week," I sighed. "Her tears increased since she found out about Jungwon's death. It hasn't been easy for her! Because of you! If you only never biased your daughter. He would have been alive, even those girls you killed!"

"My daughter deserves everything from her fathers efforts! You do not tell me what I should and shouldn't do!" the man yelled again.

"So you admit to killing people for your daughters happiness?! Are you crazy?! Even Jungwon ?!" I widened my eyes.
"There would be no reason for me to kill Jungwon. He was going to marry my daughter. Now she's upset!"

"My sister has known him was longer than your daughter has! Jisoo is in love with him and has REAL feelings for him!" I was about to punch him.

"You filthy bastard! How dare you say that?!" he raised his voice. "My daughter knows damn well that his death was planned by you guys! Where is he?!"

"You really want to know? He's at the hospital. Having an autopsy on him. There's your answer!"

"Don't be ridiculous! If I find out that you did this, I will come after you!" he began walking towards the door.
"Oh and I saw Sunoo and Jay walk out of your house. That's how I found out, blame them," he slammed the door close behind him which ended up waking Jisoo.

"Where is he? Where did he go?" she sat up and looked around. "Sunghoon! Come help me over here! You passed out and he left just a second ago. Take it easy," I called for Sunghoon and explained.

"No! No! Where is Sunoo? Did you call him? He must have talked to the police chief by now," Jisoo started panicking.

"I'm here, what do you need?" Sunghoon entered the living room from upstairs.
"Carry Jisoo to her room, she passed out and doesn't have her strength. Get her some food maybe too,"

"Yeah, no problem," he nodded and kneeled over to Jisoo, picking her up.

-Jisoo's POV-

"I can walk there myself," I tried pushing Sunghoon to get me off. "You could barely even lift your own arm. Let's get you to bed. And get some food for you,"

He put my arms around his neck and carried me all the way up the stairs to my room. He softly set me down and put a blanket over me.

"Look, I know what you've been going through had not been so easy. But you have to be tough for him," Sunghoon said.
"Especially for your brother, he hates seeing you like this. He wants you to be happy,"

"I know you're trying to help but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I just lost the love of my life. I don't know what to think right now. I just wish this was all just a huge nightmare.

"We all go through things. But I promise it will get better," he pulled the blanket over my arms.

"I hope so," I turned my body to face the window and heard Sunghoon leave.

There were pictures that were coming to life in my brain. I was beginning to dream.

"Jungwon ? Talk to me. Jungwon! What happened to you?!"

𖣘𖣘𖣘