37

"Grab your phone and go to Eve's room. Stay there, don't come out until I tell you,"
he whispered.

"No no, Jungwon. I can't let you-," the knocking got louder and louder.

Jungwon frowned and pushed me to go towards Eve's room. I hurried and entered.

-Jungwon's POV-

I looked through the peephole of the door.
"Open the fuck up! Dammit!"

The voice sounded familiar, I knew immediately that it was her father.
I took a deep breath and opened the door. I stood firmly into the ground.

"It's about time. Now where the fuck is she?!" he yelled into my face, having
an angry expression.

"You are not getting near her this way. She stays right where she is. You should leave," I vocalised.

"Oh, are you really telling me what to do? You stole my daughter. You took her from me. Give her back!"

"I'm going to need you to leave. You have no right to be here at 2 in the morning. So please leave!"

Soon I began to hear cries. They seemed to be coming from Eve's room. The man looked over then back at me.

"You are not going near her! Get out!" I began pushing him, but his size was too big for me. He easily pushed me aside.

"That is my daughter. She is my flesh and blood," he walked towards the bedroom.
Eve was screaming at the top of her lungs but I could tell that Jisoo was trying
to calm her down.

I ran in front of the man and prevented him to opened the door, he kept on
trying to push me aside.

We began throwing punches towards each other until someone rushed into the room.

"Alright break it up!"

We looked up and saw the police. They had came into the house.

"Officer. This man has kidnapped my daughter. Arrest him, my daughter is inside that room," the man spoke up.

"We didn't kidnap his daughter! We adopted her! But this man is trying to break through that door and take her back," I added.

Jisoo came out of the room with Eve in her arms, wrapped with a blanket.

"Okay okay, we're going to need to go down to the station, straighten some
things out," one officer said.

"No! What you need to do is take this man away. He is an abuser and an alcoholic. He came and work us up!" Jisoo replied.

"Well you're not the only ones who were woken up. Your neighbour called about a noise complaint," the other officer said.

"Are you being serious right now? You are letting this man who just got out of jail get away with this?!"

"Look Like I said, you guys will have to come down to the station with us. Let's go," they repeated.

The officers cuffed me and the man. I looked over to Jisoo who had a worried look on her face. "My husband did nothing wrong! This is wrong that YOU are doing! Don't cuff him! He tried protecting us!"

"Jisoo, I'll be fine. Just meet us down at the station. Call Sunoo and Jay," I sighed.

"No! You did nothing wrong! You were only protecting us. Shouldn't he be the one being arrested?!"

-Jisoo's POV-

Jungwon gave me a reassuring gesture with his cuffed up hands and looked at them as they left.