Chapter 3

I woke up very slowly, breathing evenly and longly. It wasn't usually this warm or soft in my room, and there was always some sun light. Now it was dark, and it smelled different too.

I grunted lowly, turning to my back. There was this sweet and intense odor that literally lured me towards it, my body turning once again to get closer. And then I bumped right against the source of it, my eyebrows tightly knitting together.

It was so warm and large...

My eyes snapped open in a second, my heart jumping to the air at the same time. And there he was, the strange vampire I had met just night before.

The memories came to me in flashes, my heart starting to race even faster. The war, the kidnapping, the cell, the pain, and him.

My nose graced the other man's chin as I was frozen in my place, scared to even move an inch if he'd happen to wake up. My eyes were on the same level as his lips, staring at them with large pupils. They were plump, but wide and manly. Strong and sharp-edged.

He was under a thick, red blanket, wearing the same clothes he did yesterday. Now the top buttons were opened, revealing his abdomen and chest. He had very prominent muscles, making my mouth strangely salivate. But nothing beat the beautiful hair of his, flowing all over the cozy mattress. I had even some strands of his on my face, tickling me.

God, I just wanted to touch it.

My eyes flicked down to the man's hands that were wrapped around the pillow, taking in his long and strong fingers. His veins popped out on the fair skin as nearly bright blue. And I just couldn't resist myself, my hand lifted to the tip of his left hand's fingers. I graced his skin, carefully watching my movements. I hadn't ever had the urge to touch someone, but now I felt like I couldn't go without it. I just wanted to hold him and drown myself into his embrace.

But then I was awakened to the reality.

"Good morning."

I startled back, nearly falling off the bed. My eyes snapped with a speed of lightning to the red ones, those lazily watching me. And something in the moment made me realize, what he actually was.

The way he attracted me, made me want to trust him. Or the way he smelled so sweet and luxurious; leaving me addicted and craving.

He was my mate.

And that's when it all went wrong inside my head.

Because, how a vampire could be my mate? He was beautiful, handsome, strong and all that. But he was dangerous, wicked, and evil. How had I even been capable to be in his company; to be this close to him? He was only going to hurt me, just like they all did. And forefront, even when I was scared, I was angry.

Because this man, he just couldn't be my mate. It was not possible. I wouldn't ever, ever learn to love him. I couldn't.

It wasn't just because of him, even when it was another big reason. What made me not accepting of the situation was me. How could I give myself; someone so used and tormented, someone so crazy to him? I had a long time ago given up on the concept of love, affection or a romantic relationship what came to me. I hated when people touched me, I hated everything connected to anything sexual. Because all that reminded me of that night when my parents died, and I was cruelly taken advantage of.

Vampires.

How could I love someone I so much despised?

And how could he love me when I was so fucking broken?

My mood had been dropped instantly, my eyes brimming with tears as I stared at the man's face absentmindedly. I hadn't even noticed the pajamas I had on, nor had I noticed that my hands had completely healed. I didn't notice anything but the pain I held in my heart, the pain that tore me into smaller shreds every time I dove into my thoughts. They were poisonous, my own words ruining me.