Chapter 6

I wasn't really certain how fast my heart was beating. At least thousands of miles per hour.

My eyes were like big plates, staring around me in terror and amazement. I had seen people kissing, or making out— but I had never seen anything like this. It reminded me of some imitation of Hell; these vampires, all committing the most malign sin.

Lust.

The chandeliers in the ceiling were lit with red bulbs, everything only consisting of shadows some occasional gleams of light. The vampires were all in their own worlds, some alone, some with a friend and others with a few more. I saw three people in the corner of the room, chatting to each other and drinking— what I only could image as blood. And in the other hand, I saw one big bed in the middle of the room, at least dozen of vampires... making love?

I cringed to myself, quickly turning my eyes away. This definitely wasn't something ordinary to me.

"Do you do this... a lot?" I asked with a wavering voice, my cheeks hot and red. The male next to me chuckled, moving a plate full of food in front of my face. It was filled with potatoes, salad, meat and what not. I even spotted some peppers.

"People can come here whenever they want— I think the real question is; when do we not," Lynx answered, his long hair swooshing in the air. There was a slight tint of violet in them, and sometimes even a faint rainbow if the lights hit them in a good angle. I lowered my eyes to the plate in front of me, my pants awfully tight in these circumstances.

"Does it bother you?" he asked, my face contorting to a frown. It was really hard to answer to it honestly when I had never ever been in this kind of situation. For sure, there was all kinds of places where Royals could spend their free time. But I never visited those; I had never seen people having sex.

Well, until now.

I always perceived it as something painful and mortifying, and seeing those vampires in such pleasure-filled state confused me. So I just shook my head to him, deep in my thoughts.

"Hmm, tell me. What do you werewolves then do in your free time?" He inquired.

And drawing a snort from me.

"I don't know— play Alias or some shit; something that normal people do," I said pretty abruptly, not even thinking about it. For a moment I felt my stomach drop, my whole body tensing up. I was afraid that I had possibly maddened him, triggered him by the quite brusque words. But Lynx only laughed, revealing his wide, perfect teeth.

"You just keep surprising me, Darling."

I didn't understand how all those people could just give their body to the other, leaving you in the most vulnerable position. I couldn't understand how they weren't afraid.

"Now, give the food a taste— what do you like?"

I frowned down to my plate, trying to somehow internally get rid of my blush. But it didn't seem to work as I grabbed the fork next to my food, straight digging into it. My mind still couldn't comprehend how I should casually eat while the people in front of us continued to feed themselves by their partners' blood. And I didn't understand how they could enjoy it; because all I did remember, was pain, "Don't you eat something?"

I murmured, lifting a forkful of the potatoes and salad into my mouth, "I do— is it good?"

I glanced to my side, noticing that the male had magically pulled out a bourbon class filled with thick blood. I wasn't sure of the source, but it didn't smell like human's either. At the same time, my teeth bit into the hot food, delicious sparkles jolting all over my tongue, "Mmh."