Chapter 13

Celian's POV

My mouth opened into a wide yawn, my head rising from the comfy pillow it had been laid on. I was really confused for a second, my eyebrows furrowing into a tight line.

"Good morning, Darling."

I heard just from above me, my head instantly flicking back as I recognised the voice. I didn't need to even see him, his intoxicating scent and sweet murmur making me turn into a big noodle.

A weak smile climbed its way to my lips as I took in his dark features, his pretty and sharp eyes watching me with an affectionate glint, "Hi..."

My pretty mate.

I mumbled, another yawn interrupting my greeting.

The vampire's other corner of his lips twitched upwards, a faint blush rising to my cheeks. Lynx's hair was tickling my cheeks, the beautiful and silky strands flowing around my hunched body. It took me a moment to realise that he was carrying me while walking ahead, my head turning towards the forest we were in the middle of.

It wasn't so green or lively anymore, the trees brown and lavished.

"Where are we?" I asked, instantly perking up as I saw that we weren't in the same surroundings as yesterday.

And talk about yesterday.

The memories came into my mind like a hard slap, a deep frown imitating the dark cloud in my mind.

I felt like an idiot, and I felt really bad about it too.

Cold shivers ran through me as I tried to push the images out of my head; the pain and horror I had faced.

I couldn't get it out.

How he had touched me. How he had hurt me.

How he had grabbed my hair, how he had ignored the way I had cried and begged for mercy.

For him to stop.

"Shut up, bitch."

His voice rang in my head, tantalizing and terrorizing me.

"You like that, don't you?"

I could feel his hands everywhere, and I could feel the burning ache everywhere. How had I wished for it to just end. How I had finally sighed when I had been left alone.

The pain never stopped though.

I would live the moment, over and over again. It wasn't just a memory. It was a nightmare.

Still present, still keeping a tight hold of me.

"Baby?"

My head snapped towards the voice that had pulled me away from my thoughts, my spooked eyes meeting the gentle red ones.

"Are you okay?" He asked, a bit more quietly. His hands kept me comfily against his chest, one of them holding me from my butt and the other from my lower back.

I cleared my throat, a deep blush rising to my cheeks.

"Y-Yea... sorry—"

I muttered incoherently, finally waking up to the present. I pushed him away from me, the other halting in response. My feet hit the ground as soon as he let go of me, my scowling form turning around to swat some dust off my clothes.

"No reason to apologize..." I heard him say, his tone more absent than before. I didn't really want to talk about it, so ashamed of how crazy I must've looked, "I asked sincerely."

His hand graced my left arm, his lips coming right beside my ear. But I could only look at the dead leaves that laid on the ground, my heart starting to beat faster from the stress he put upon me, "I'm fine."