Chapter 26

"Oh, but that's where you are wrong, Darling."

My warm, chestnut whirls melted, like hot and running chocolate that I held in my hands. The vampire's words made my throat stricter, and my heart miss a beat.

His callous, coarse fingers tilted my head back towards him, his scorching eyes not giving me even one moment to try and hide the effect he had on me. You could still see from my own bottomless orbs how the image of the two other vampires had been burned on my retina.

"W-What do you mean...?" I breathed out, the hand I had on his thigh moving back to my own; trying to cover my immensely visible boner. I don't even know why I had asked that, as the answer was the clearest thing in my mind right now.

The cards weren't just any innocent game. On the contrary, something very, very filthy.

Lynx smiled at me, the kind of smile that made him look like a prowling cougar. He let go of my chin carefully, following all my body's curves with the tips of his fingers until he reached the helm of my shirt, "I think you know what I mean. Now, why don't you eat that?"

He graced my hard pecs, making my body tenser than ever. I had already forgotten the shuffle I held in my hand, and now that he mentioned it, I was more than eager to focus back on it. With my shaky hand, I tried to put the coffee cup away for a second to grab myself a spoon, but the vampire did it for me instead. One, effortless flick.

And the cool spoon was stuck into the shuffle, the smirk on Lynx's face only stretching as he lifted the dessert to my lips, "What did you and Ezekiel talk about? You seemed to be in a much better mood, is everything okay?"

He once again took the wheel of the topic, not giving me a chance to steer it myself. Although I think it was part of his schemes; which I would be too embarrassed to notice. I gaped my lips open with a deep blush, taking the piece of hot chocolate into my mouth. Thinking about the conversation back a few moments before was really difficult, given how mushy my brain felt from the overwhelming desire and pleasure. And when my taste buds sparkled in delight, only then was I ready to answer, "N-Not really, b-but I think things will work out. E-Eventually."

I staggered in my words, staring at the spoon that once again scooped a small portion out of the chocolate dessert, "H-How about you, Ez said you and Leonel talked?"

Lynx lifted the spoonful while I swallowed the last bite, finally starting to comprehend just how heavenly the shuffle was. I nearly moaned from delight as I let him feed me, my eyes carefully taking a small look at his red ones. They watched my every movement; how my lips circled around the spoon, how my tongue swooped it off the metal, and how my pupils dilated after touching the sweet chocolate, "Nothing much. A peculiar man, gotta say."

The vampire chuckled, making my brows crunch together. I wasn't really listening— don't attack me. I just couldn't pay attention to anything there, my ears filled with moaning, my sense of smell suffocated by pheromones, my vision brimming with images of people having sex, and God, his touch on my skin... I didn't know what made me so sensitive, so fucking horny.

My eyes drifted to the cards that were now laying on the tray, the creepers on their surface sticking out like a sore thumb.

What if?

"Do you really want to play?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, nearly jumping into the air. My gaze returned to the other man, only briefly before I cleared my throat out of nervousness, "I-I uhm... h-how does it work?"

Lynx's hand slowly fed me the last spoonful, moving the empty cup on my hand to the tray. He then took a strawberry, dipping it into the warm pudding. The chocolate frosting dripped down its red surface, looking more like blood than anything else, "Each and every player lifts themselves a card on their turn."