Chapter 15

I could hear how he tantalized me, how he so much craved for the same reaction I would always give for him. The deep blush and the nervous eyes, trying their best to hide from the lust and naughtiness.

It never went according to my plans though.

The manly hand took a strict hold of my jaw, twisting it to the left until I was face to face with those cunning red eyes. The gentleness still swam in them, it never disappeared.

"What is that face, Darling?"

The vampire tilted his head to the side, his voice running over me like smooth and hot honey.

And it was also the only thing I could focus on, how it vibrated through me and made me shiver. His fingers graced my jawline, ever so carefully lowering down towards my neck. I could feel how my pulse throbbed against his skin, the tempting eyes of his flicking down to my throat for only a second.

It was somehow dangerous, yet somehow very— very hot. I hadn't even thought of the fact that he most likely craved for something else in me, more than just my body or mind.

My blood.

I didn't know why it made me react like this; sweat dripping down my neck and my turned on body trembling in his embrace. I didn't know why I kind of suddenly wanted it.

Was it the other vampires in the room? Was it because I wanted to please him? Or was it because I thought so much of him?

He had promised to not hurt me, and that promise he had kept. But to what extent? I recalled that he had said it wouldn't hurt, and I had seen it with my own eyes. But what if it's all a lie?

What if it would hurt just as much as the time I had been tortured and taken advantage of?

I didn't want to break the image of this good man in front of me. I didn't want him to turn out to be the devil all along.

My eyes flicked quickly to his hand on my throat, then back to the maroon orbs.

"W-What?"

I stuttered, a bit confused about what he had asked. I hadn't even heard him— or then I hadn't just registered his sentence.

Lynx smiled to me a tad softer, moving his finger up and down on my throat in a flirting manner, "That face."

He inched closer, his warm breath fanning over my frowning features. And then I realised it was just what he had meant, "You are brooding."

He came to a conclusion quite lightly, his voice teasing and smirking— unaware of the confusion inside my head. My brows knitted together in response, my hand rising to his on my throat.

"I-I'm not brooding," I muttered, pushing his hand from my throat. Meanwhile the other hand of his continued the round rubbing motion on my thigh, making the air boiling hot between us.

Lynx raised his brows in question, as if he definitely didn't believe me. And I hated to admit that he was right.

"I just—" I started, unable to even finish my sentence as my cheeks burned with such embarrassment. My mind kept reeling on the woman who had sat next to him, the feeling that I had gotten of it. I just felt bitter, and I wanted to shake that feeling off.

The way she had pushed herself to him, the way she had twirled her hair and showed her perfect silky shins. I hadn't liked it.

"I didn't like how close she got— I didn't like...." I searched for the words on top of my tongue, moving my nervous and annoyed eyes to the bowl in my lap.

I definitely didn't want to see his reaction. I could already feel how he laughed at me, or minimised our relationship.

"You're m-my mate and— well of course y-you can do whatever you want.... I-I d-don't expect you to only b-be with me—" I stammered, my speech turning more and more tinier and faster the more I continued. I could already feel the tears behind my eyes, my whole mood shifted from one to another in only seconds.