Chapter 19 Remembering the Lincoln County War

i look through my things and i come across something from my past. i see the things that i wrote when i had fought in the Lincoln County war. the regulators have went our different ways. Chavez is married and lives in Santa Fe and Charley lives in Los Curs and Dirty Steve lives in Arizona Richard and Doc lives close by but i don't see very much of Richard. Doc works with his father at the hospital and he is married to Belinda Simpson. we try to keep in touch. Dahlia and i will be spending Easter with them. Dahlia and i have two twin boys. i remember how that everything that happened in the Lincoln County war i got the blamed for it. i am glad that the Lincoln County war is in my past. how the Lincoln County war was the murder of John Tunstall my boss and friend and the only one who had showed me the love of a father something that i was never showed by my stepfather a man who hated me because i wasn't his child. a man named L.G. Murphy had murdered Mr. Tunstall right before my eyes. i vowed to track down his murderers and make them pay for killing him. after the Lincoln County war was over i should have left New Mexico but i couldn't leave New Mexico. New Mexico is my home it is the only home that i have ever known. then came the night of July 14th 1881 i was shot down by Pat Garrett. a long time had passed and then one day i had woke up laying on my grave in the graveyard at Fort Sumner. and i am married to the love of my life with two twin boys. and couldn't ask for more i am very happy.

i will write more later