[10]

As you both enter the next room you notice you're breathing heavily. It's understandable as you have dodged literal bullets back then. The room you're in is a long hallway, you see the end is blocked by boxes. You feel like something will happen and hold Lin's hand just in case.

 Your suspicions were right as the giant slime from before enters from the door behind you. Noticing the large space near the door, you risk it, running past the slime hoping that it doesn't realize what's happening while gripping onto Lin.

 "BOOM!"

 The moment you enter the previous room, the scope charges at you. You duck, pulling Lin down with you while covering your head with your arms.

 "Did that scare you? Hidden dangers? Your reactions just now were so funny. You two should move on. Don't worry. I won't do something similar again in the future. Because it will definitely hit you later, what will really make you beasts. Hope you're both ready."

 The monitor turns off, your heart is beating so hard you can feel your chest move. Lin checks on how you're doing. After making sure you're ok, you both decide to head to Puro to tell him about the blocked exit. 

 Before you enter the balcony, a snow leopard attacks Lin. It tries absorbing him into its chest. You both struggle to get it off and manage to do it. Lin assures you that he's fine and you continue your way.

 As you reach Puro you see him sweeping on the grass.

 "Have to clean this place up before humans come back. To make a good impression on them."

 He turns around and fluffs up after seeing you two.

 "Ah! Please don't startle me like that! You two are really quiet when walking."

 Lin tells Puro about the library exit being blocked.

 "So the passage is blocked? Even though it's a wasted journey, as long as humans come back safely it is just fine! By the way, nameless human, have you remember your name yet?"

 You shake your head while telling him you haven't dealt with it yet.

 "Oh, well I hope that you will find it very soon. Anyway, there are only a few slowly-moving white latex beasts. I know that excellent humans like you must be just fine!"

 You tell Puro that a big white slime creature chased you.

 "Eh? You both ran into trouble? You two almost couldn't come back? The situation was that serious?"

 You both nod to every question, making Puro upset.

 "Humans... I... sorry... really very sorry. I hid something from you two, I just wanted both of you to trust me and prove that I am harmless... Actually, I already knew that the passage was blocked.

 But even if I had told you two, you probably wouldn't believe a latex beast, right? You probably thought that I was lying to trap you two here... So I decided to let you go and see for yourselves, and at the same time I will secretly follow you to protect your safety.

 I was thinking when humans find that path blocked, to jump out and save you two, take you on the right path...

 The book says that if one does this, it can help get rid of alertness, and help you both trust and rely on me. But humans don't seem to like being followed, so I came back to clean the library... I thought that passage was absolutely safe.

 I wanted to tell you other routes once you came back, and then guide you two out of this library... I want to prove that I really want to help, prove that I am really different from other latex beasts...