[13]

As you wake up from your sleep, your body feels a familiar warmth. Opening your eyes, the first thing you see is Lin's sleeping face. You guess that while you were asleep you moved closer to Lin and flipped around to face him.

 You look at your body and see that you're nearly hugging each other. Both of your arms are around each other's bodies and Lin's legs are wrapping your waist. Puro's tail then lays on top of your legs, sort of providing a makeshift blanket.

 Looking behind Lin, you can see Puro also sleeping. He's sleeping back to back with Lin and is taking up a lot of space on the pillow. Maybe that's why you and Lin are sleeping right next to each other.

 You slowly get up, trying not to wake up the two of them. You carefully remove their limbs from you so that you can easily stand up. Since you're the only one awake, you wonder what to do now. Looking around, you see the clipboard right behind you and feel that now is the time to try and find your name.

 Sitting down on one of the smaller pillows, you deeply analyze the clipboard. It appears to be a table of names with physical descriptions beside them such as their gender, weight, height, etc. At the top of the first page it says "Physical Info About the Human Test Trial Subjects".

 You skip through the names whose info doesn't match up with you. With the ones that do, you try your hardest to see if they're your name. You end up at the last page and the last name feels familiar. You quietly repeat it to yourself until it hits.

 That's your actual name. Unfortunately, that's all you got from it as you can't remember anything other than your real name. This raises more questions as you wonder if you're on this list willingly or not.

 You scan through the names and descriptions to see if Lin is there. You can't find it, making you assume that you must have signed to this by choice. You think back to the first hallway you were in and take note of what room you were in and what the paper said.

 You remember it saying that two of the test subjects were taken in by force while the other three did so on their own volition. It also said that two of them were for the cure while the remaining one was for the vaccine.

 The position of the room you're in is also important. If you were actually taken here by force then you would possibly be in the room that's next to Lin. But since your room is actually one room away from his, it might mean that you came here from your own choice.

 So that's what must have happened. You signed up for the vaccine test trials and got put in the life chambers, some time later Lin and some other person were taken by force and were put in the remaining two rooms. A long time later, a lot of things happened resulting in everyone dying. Both of you were put out of your chambers which leads to now.

 This is all speculation though as the only real proof here is your name on the clipboard. You try to think of someone who can help you with this. Unfortunately, the only one you can think of is the strange doctor. It's possible that he might've worked on the vaccine and might even know you.

 Speaking of that doctor, you remember him calling you a "leftover lab rat", maybe he already knows that you signed up for the vaccine. Hearing something move, you set the clipboard down while looking around. You see Puro waking up.

 "Um... why is Lin wrapping my legs around his waist?"

 You look closer and see that they changed positions again. This time Lin and Puro are facing each other and are lying similarly to what you and Lin were doing.

 Puro stands up, waking up Lin in the process. He looks at you and greets you before noticing the clipboard to your side and asks if you've finally found your name. You say yes and show him your name and how to pronounce it. Lin gets up from the pillow and joins you two.