[11]

"Thank you, thank you so much for believing me, humans! I, I will not betray your trust! Trust, this is the first step as a partner! I will strive to be an excellent latex beast! I'll try to help you two get out of here! As long as I'm here, other latex beasts won't want to bully you! I will impress you with my practical actions, humans! Grunt! Thank you for your affirmations. I'm so happy!

 Oh yes! Back to business, about leaving the library... Since there's nowhere to go from over there, try another way... the other way is..."

 He looks behind you, you both turn around and see that he's staring at the room beside the dead tree.

 "There's a mantenance tunnel in the room over there... I'm sure that passage will take you two out of here! This time you can absolutely believe me! it's just that there are some latex beasts in that room... It's a few sleepy latex beasts. It should be fine... right? Human beings are so excellent, as long as they are careful, there must be no problem! Do you want to see it, humans?"

 Before you enter the room, Lin walks up to Puro and thanks him, you follow after him and thank Puro as well for all the help he's given.

 "Ah, what! No, you're welcome... Unbelievable! Humans! Thanking the 'monster'! Really!? Thank you too, humans! I am so happy!"

 When you two finally enter the room you immediately see a sleeping red and white fox in a corner to your left. There are small white puddles throughout the room. It's best to not step on them or make any loud noises.

 You see the maintenance vent to your right that's blocked by boxes. There's a pile of photos besides them, going through them shows a person getting transfurred by a dog.  Turning around, you see a note on the other side of the elevator.

 Lin whispers to you that he'll move the boxes so you can read the note. You carefully make your way to it and read the note quickly.

 "More and more eyewitness reports indicate that there are test samples escaping into the vents. Non professionals are requested not to enter or be near the ducts to avoid assimilation."

 Puro enters the room loudly startling the both of you and waking up the fox.

 "Humans, have you found the maintenance channel!?"

 Puro looks around and takes a bit to process what's happening.

 "Do I come at a bad time..."

 The red-white fox only takes a single step before Puro tells it to stop. Puro stands in front of it and tells it to go back to sleep and to not touch its humans. The fox follows Puro's orders and goes back to sleeping.

 Puro apologizes about what happened but you both thank him nonetheless. While walking to the vent, you accidentally step on a puddle. You look back to the fox to see it's still sleeping, only now its ears are folded down and it looks a bit hurt.

 Once you reach the vents, Lin peeks inside and tells you it's safe to go in. Lin enters first with you right behind him. As you enter the ducts, you're surprised at how big it is to where you both can walk comfortably. Though it's not wide enough to allow you two to walk beside each other, so you have to walk in a line.

 You both walk a bit before Lin stops. You look over his shoulder and see a puddle in front of him and the fox from before sleeping farther away in the middle of an intersection. Wait, how did it end up here? You exit the ducts to see it's still sleeping in the same spot.

 This confuses you two and Lin walks up to you and says that you should tell Puro about it. You nod and head back to Puro and see him flopping his ears.

 "I've been reading books for a long time. Now it's hard for me to have a rest and relax... You're both probably thinking of my vision. Although the static vision of the black latex beast is poor, there is no problem in reading..."

 You tell Puro that the maintenance vent is blocked by latex. Puro jumps a bit before standing up.

 "Wait a minute. The maintenance tunnel of the ventilation pipe is blocked by latex? Well, don't worry, there are other solutions! Let me see..."

 Puro looks around and then stares at the other door to your right.

 "Yes, there is a spare maintenance channel in the room to the right! But the entrance of that passage in the room on the right can only be opened from the inside, and one has to figure out a way in order to enter... Such a small problem will surely not trouble you two! Right!?"

 You both smile at Puro before you head to the other room. It's much more crowded with boxes and the first thing you notice is what appears to be a monitor behind some boxes. You go to check on it while Lin checks the other items in the room.

 The monitor shows a talking orange that calls itself "Mr. Orange". It says that it can teach subjects to kids age sone to five and has won multiple awards. Looking around the room, you see a note and a self-portrait of Puro on the right side of the door. There's papers on the floor that have scribbles and writing on them.

 When Lin looks through the papers. The red-white fox comes out of the portrait heading straight to Lin, ripping the portrait in the process. You quickly grab Lin's hand and run to the door. After exiting the room, Lin peeks inside and tells you the fox is sleeping again.

 The two of you quietly enter the room again and notice the hole in the painting. Looking through it, it's a vent duct with a path branching off to the left. Before you enter though you quickly read the note beside the poster.

 "There is so much gou on the floor, I don't want to cleen it but it would be very troubelsome..."

 Heading to the cross-section you realize it's the same vent that you entered in the other room. The path to the left is still blocked by puddles while the other path has a vent gate. Opening the gate leads to another crossroad. The one straight ahead is blocked by boxes while the one to the right has a hole on the floor, leaving only the left available.

 Going left you see that there are some pillows , you hear Puro's voice coming from a path branching off to the right. He's calling you and as you follow his voice, you enter a somewhat large room that's filled with various things.

 The left side is mainly filled with pillows with some containers of water in the left corner behind you. The right side has a lot of oranges and books with some pens and paper. Behind Puro are some posters.

 "Thank you for stopping here, humans! This is my home! Welcome to Puro's wolf den! Why did I go here first of all? Here is the ventilation duct system inside this building... As you can see it extends in all directions...

 If you are a little familiar with the placements of the ventilation duct entrances, it's easy to go anywhere... However, humans have no way to get into such a small passageway. They can only get in from the larger maintenance entryway...

 This place is only one wall away from the library hall. I can go home if I just go back through the passageway. It is super convenient! Humans, it is a rare occasion, would you like to sit with me? I-I have a lot to say!"

 You say yes to him while Lin nods. Puro smiles at your answers and you can see his tail wagging a bit.

 "I haven't been so happy for a long time! Two living legendary humans! Standing in front of me! Listening to me! No one has listened to me before... Thank you for not hating me, humans! Let's go to the cushion!"

 Before you sit down and rest, you realize that you're still holding onto the clipboard. You really need to find your name otherwise you'll be still carrying it with you. You place the clipboard on top of a stack of papers and go sit down on the large yellow pillow in the corner with Lin and Puro already there.

 The pillow feels very comfortable. Maybe right now is a good time to take a rest. Now that you think about it, you never once took a nap or fell asleep, the only time you did was when you passed out from exhaustion. It's unlikely that you'll ever have a chance like this again so it's best to nap as much as possible.